It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Kidney Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2012, 01:43 PM   #1
(female)

missjaim HB User
Unhappy Please Help, Any Insight?

Hi,
Very new here. I am a 36yr old female who regrettably am a smoker soon to be a former smoker.. I've been going out of my mind here for the last few days and hoping maybe someone might be able to give me some insight.

I went to my GP with severe left abdominal pain a week ago, thinking I might be passing a kidney stone or something but just knowing something was wrong. All my labs came back clear. (blood work showed no sign of infection and urine was clear also)

Next step he sent me for a complete abdominal utlrasound. An hour after leaving the imaging center I got a call from my doc saying they found "something" on my right kidney and scheduled me for a ct scan the very next day. Scary scary stuff. I still cant wrap my head around it..

My doc called me 2 hours after the CT scan and told me that it was a 3.3 x 2.6cm mass on the upper pole of my right kidney and the ct scan showed that there was a blood flow to it. I think the prompt testing and results has me more scared than anything.. He then reffered me to a Urologist for a biopsy. That was all the information that I had.

So here I am a week later I've just left the Uros office with just a touch more information but still dumbfounded. He told me that my mass has a hollow center but has blood flow to it which he said wasnt good. Said it could be oncocytoma or cancer and wants to do a biopsy. He told me that the pain in my left side has nothing to do with the mass?? I dont know what to make of that since everything else is clear, does that mean something else is going on? My GP told me that the pain on my left could be from the mass So now I just dont know..

Now I have 2 weeks to wait for the biopsy and another week for results.. I dont know if my mind can handle it all! To boot I am going on a family vaction this Thursday.. Sorry I am rampling into a vent now!

Has anybody ever heard of a mass with a hollow center and what could that mean?? has anyone had intense pain in lower abdomen as a symptom? any insight to anything similiar would be appreciated. thanks!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2012, 03:15 PM   #2
(female)

BAMAFAN1959 HB User
Smile Re: Please Help, Any Insight?

Hi,

I hope things are better for you now. I saw your post and I was there 4 years ago this month. Yes, please quit smoking.

I was diagnosed with a 5cm tumor with two blood vessels feeding it dead center in my left kidney. I had a radical kidney removal and thank God for the past 4 years I am still cancer free!

I live in AL and I saw that you are in TN.
Many blessings to you!

Rhonda

Last edited by mod85; 07-24-2012 at 08:51 PM.

Old 08-02-2012, 02:58 PM   #3
(female)

missjaim HB User
Re: Please Help, Any Insight?

Thanks for responding BamaFan!! Did you have a biopsy done?

Old 08-02-2012, 03:13 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

A mass can get hollow in the center if it outgrows its blood supply. The inside cells essentially die and liquefy. It could also be that the mass has a central cyst to it, as there are growths that are part solid and part cystic. Either way, I think it is related to your pain if your pain is in the flank area, back just above your waist. Kidney pain can radiate from there to the abdomen as well. Perhaps you could get your biopsy appt moved sooner by asking to be called if some other person cancels. Your case is a priority one and that would shorten your waiting and anxiety.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:52 PM   #5
(female)

missjaim HB User

Thanks for the info ladybud, i havent been able to find any information in reguards to the hollow center, that makes sense though. So would that make it less or more likely to be cancerous??? I went in yesterday for my biopsy and have also made an appointment for a second opinion. My biggest hesitancy with the biopsy is that I have heard that there are alot of false negatives.. So I dont know how I feel about that. I am afraid that if the results come back as benign I wont believe it. Does that make sense??

Old 08-02-2012, 03:53 PM   #6
(female)

missjaim HB User

I forgot to mention that the pain in my left side is in the lower abdominal area.

Old 06-16-2013, 08:14 PM   #7
(female)

ML445 HB User

missjaim,

Did your doctor find the mass by using a CT scan with contrast or without contrast?

I am having similar symptoms - pain in my right side but my urinalysis showed blood in my urine, but all other results were negative (glucose, protein, billirubin, etc.).

Old 07-25-2013, 02:38 PM   #8
(female)

bcolv1943 HB User
Smile Re: Please Help, Any Insight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by missjaim View Post
Hi,
Very new here. I am a 36yr old female who regrettably am a smoker soon to be a former smoker.. I've been going out of my mind here for the last few days and hoping maybe someone might be able to give me some insight.

I went to my GP with severe left abdominal pain a week ago, thinking I might be passing a kidney stone or something but just knowing something was wrong. All my labs came back clear. (blood work showed no sign of infection and urine was clear also)

Next step he sent me for a complete abdominal utlrasound. An hour after leaving the imaging center I got a call from my doc saying they found "something" on my right kidney and scheduled me for a ct scan the very next day. Scary scary stuff. I still cant wrap my head around it..

My doc called me 2 hours after the CT scan and told me that it was a 3.3 x 2.6cm mass on the upper pole of my right kidney and the ct scan showed that there was a blood flow to it. I think the prompt testing and results has me more scared than anything.. He then reffered me to a Urologist for a biopsy. That was all the information that I had.

So here I am a week later I've just left the Uros office with just a touch more information but still dumbfounded. He told me that my mass has a hollow center but has blood flow to it which he said wasnt good. Said it could be oncocytoma or cancer and wants to do a biopsy. He told me that the pain in my left side has nothing to do with the mass?? I dont know what to make of that since everything else is clear, does that mean something else is going on? My GP told me that the pain on my left could be from the mass So now I just dont know..

Now I have 2 weeks to wait for the biopsy and another week for results.. I dont know if my mind can handle it all! To boot I am going on a family vaction this Thursday.. Sorry I am rampling into a vent now!

Has anybody ever heard of a mass with a hollow center and what could that mean?? has anyone had intense pain in lower abdomen as a symptom? any insight to anything similiar would be appreciated. thanks!!
REPLY: MissJaim
You are right to be upset and vent. Illness is not really apart of our natural makeup as humans, never-the-less ill we are from birth upward.
When I was first diagnosed with Breast Cancer 1984 and I fasted and went on a strentent fasting and cleansing diet. I just could not conform to all that goes with such a lifestyle change even though it definitely stopped the cancer. However, I did not maintain this rigid way of nutrition and in 2003 diagnosed with Breast Cancer on other side. I educated myself on all that Medical Science could offer me and what I discovered with such science is that usually the mode of treatment for most dis-easewas only chemical and at best just treatment of symtom and not root cause.
My reasearch has afforded some insight that shows most immune dificiency is a direct result of lack of nutrition and detoxification especially for cancer patients.
I am a spiritual person but not guillable. Continued to research and within a short time a family friend associated me with Celine Dion's husbands method of treatment for his cancer which which has demonstrated in clinical trials a viable and I know these are dirty and sceptical words but "alternative" to harsh treatments that virtually render from the science I have read the immune system destroyed so thus re-occurance of the dis-ease which has led to more and more internal problems.
Please if you have the enrgy and the time to go to www.entrez-pubmed.org and search: Gustavo Bonuous, M.D. (and patented "method use" whey protein that has been clinically reduced to the "Cystein" level. Please do not negate it's viability to assist you to better health. I am now 10 years cancer free with no metastisizing into other body organs.
I have taken this time and perhaps it maybe just the answer for you, it is my hope and as the scriptures say "Good Health" to you (Acts 15:28)
bcolv

Reply Reply