It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2003, 01:02 PM   #1

Althea HB User
mom w/ BAC lung cancer, whats a CEA plz?

hi
my mom got squamous cell cancer and was cured of that, but in the meantime she got BAC lund cancer
betweet the 2 lung cancers she lost quite a bit of both lungs

for 2 yrs now she has had 3 tumors in her right lung that have not changed sicze

she just went for a test called a CEA ?? and it said her numbers are high and she needs to have her cat scan done early

anyone know what a CEA is??

how bad is this news?

she has had a lot of trouble with coughing lately, does this mean the tumors are bigger or have spread?

any info you have would be appreciated i am scared
she outlived all predictions, i was starting to think she was invincible

Old 11-16-2003, 06:01 PM   #2

ann203 HB User
Hello Althea, first of all, I'm really very sorry to hear about your mums illness. It's bad enough to battle cancer once, but twice is terrible. She sounds like a very brave lady. If you go to [url]www.***********[/url] (search engine) and type in CEA test, you will find dozens of websites that give you all sorts of information about this particular type of test and hopefully one of these websites will be able to answer all your questions. Please keep us posted on how you and your mother are getting on. God bless you both, Ann.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2003, 06:11 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

delrae4753 HB User
Quote:
Originally Posted by annchane
Hello Althea, first of all, I'm really very sorry to hear about your mums illness. It's bad enough to battle cancer once, but twice is terrible. She sounds like a very brave lady. If you go to [url]www.***********[/url] (search engine) and type in CEA test, you will find dozens of websites that give you all sorts of information about this particular type of test and hopefully one of these websites will be able to answer all your questions. Please keep us posted on how you and your mother are getting on. God bless you both, Ann.

cea====carcinoembryonic antigen its a test ususally done on patients with cancer its basically is a test to monitor the cancer treatment

Closed Thread