It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2003, 11:19 AM   #1

daddysbum HB User
Unhappy My dad is in surgery now for cancer in the jaw

My dad is in surgery this morning for cancer in his jaw. This is a re occourance from 9 years ago. they are removing 2 inches of his jaw bone and replacing it with part of his thigh bone. He will also need a trachiatomy(?) for breathing and a feeding tube placed in his stomach. I am very scared that he wont make it!

since the last occourance 9 years ago he has had to have his teath and half of his jaw replaced because of the affects of the radiation. He has also had 2 strokes and now cannot visually register any thing to the left of him.

It just seems to me that there should be a point that it all ends. Why is it all happening to us. what did my daddy do to deserve this????

Sorry I just needed to vent a little.

I really hope he makes it through. I am only 24, i'm not ready to lose a parent.
I just got married 2 weeks ago and he couldn't be there, he has to pull through , he hasn't even seen the pictrures yet!!

Old 11-18-2003, 11:27 AM   #2

trinker HB User
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddysbum
My dad is in surgery this morning for cancer in his jaw. This is a re occourance from 9 years ago. they are removing 2 inches of his jaw bone and replacing it with part of his thigh bone. He will also need a trachiatomy(?) for breathing and a feeding tube placed in his stomach. I am very scared that he wont make it!

since the last occourance 9 years ago he has had to have his teath and half of his jaw replaced because of the affects of the radiation. He has also had 2 strokes and now cannot visually register any thing to the left of him.

It just seems to me that there should be a point that it all ends. Why is it all happening to us. what did my daddy do to deserve this????

Sorry I just needed to vent a little.

I really hope he makes it through. I am only 24, i'm not ready to lose a parent.
I just got married 2 weeks ago and he couldn't be there, he has to pull through , he hasn't even seen the pictrures yet!!

daddysbum: I'm so very very sorry to hear about your dad. I'm sure that he will pull through the sugrey, if all else just to see your wedding pictures. This is a very good place to come and ask questions or just to vent... We all do it. Take care and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

T.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread