It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2003, 11:26 AM   #1

Shirleyg HB User
My Dearest Friend has Small Cell Cancer

My very dear friend John has Small Cell Lung Cancer. He went thru cemo but we just found out last week that his tumor has gotten bigger and he will be going thru radiation Dec 3.
I know he is dying and I don't know how to talk to him about MY feelings. I don't want to make him feel any worse then he all ready does. Do i just listen to him or do i share my own fears of living without him.?

thank you....I just found this site and very greatful
Shirley

Old 11-24-2003, 11:32 AM   #2

trinker HB User
Re: My Dearest Friend has Small Cell Cancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleyg
My very dear friend John has Small Cell Lung Cancer. He went thru cemo but we just found out last week that his tumor has gotten bigger and he will be going thru radiation Dec 3.
I know he is dying and I don't know how to talk to him about MY feelings. I don't want to make him feel any worse then he all ready does. Do i just listen to him or do i share my own fears of living without him.?

Shirley

Shirley, I'm so very sorry to hear about your dear friend John. Go and get the book "Final Gifts". It is very very helpful. I have just finished reading it and it was a wonderful book. Do alot of listening, sometime that is the best thing. My thoughs and prayers are with you in this very trying time. I know how you feel as my mom has Non Small Lung Cancer she is stage 111B and has done her first treatment of radiation. Take care and enjoy every moment you can with your friend John.

T.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2003, 11:44 AM   #3

Shirleyg HB User

Thank you T for your reply. I am so sorry to read about Mom, She will be in my prayers.
I will get the book "Final Gifts" Wed. when I get paid.
thank you
Shirley
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinker
Shirley, I'm so very sorry to hear about your dear friend John. Go and get the book "Final Gifts". It is very very helpful. I have just finished reading it and it was a wonderful book. Do alot of listening, sometime that is the best thing. My thoughs and prayers are with you in this very trying time. I know how you feel as my mom has Non Small Lung Cancer she is stage 111B and has done her first treatment of radiation. Take care and enjoy every moment you can with your friend John.

T.

Last edited by Shirleyg; 11-24-2003 at 11:45 AM.

Old 11-27-2003, 08:32 PM   #4
antonia34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleyg

Shirley
Hi Shirley. My name is Antonia. My husband has the same type of cancer. He is 39 years old. We are together 19 years. I know what you fill. I cant even think that there will be a day that I will wake up and he is not going to be next to me. We have three children together. There is no words to explain how I fill. But I found hope in prayers. God is the only one who cane help. He is allways there to lisen. And never lose hope, because only God knows when our time is going to be. Just lisen to hem, be there for hem. May God be with hem and its and every one of us.

Old 11-28-2003, 07:21 AM   #5

Shirleyg HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonia34
Hi Shirley. My name is Antonia. My husband has the same type of cancer. He is 39 years old. We are together 19 years. I know what you fill. I cant even think that there will be a day that I will wake up and he is not going to be next to me. We have three children together. There is no words to explain how I fill. But I found hope in prayers. God is the only one who cane help. He is allways there to lisen. And never lose hope, because only God knows when our time is going to be. Just lisen to hem, be there for hem. May God be with hem and its and every one of us.
Hi Antonia...I am so sorry to read about your Husband, he will be in my prayers.
Thank you for the reply and I find hope in prayer too. It was hard yesterday
(Thanksgiving) to keep a smile on my face but I did and I know that helped John feel better. He was even able to smile and laugh with me while we listened to Christmas music. I can't let myself yet think what it will be without my Dear friend. I am going to get the book ""Final Gifts" today...Have you read it yet.??
Take care and God Bless
Shirley

Closed Thread