It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2003, 04:48 PM   #1
antonia34

Unhappy Small Cell Lung Cancer

Hi! My name is Antonia. My husband was diagnosed with Small Cell Lung Cancer on September 2003. He is only 39 years old. We have been together 19 years. We have three children together ,the youngest 4 years old. He is my whole life. I'm very scared because we are all alone here I have nobody to turn to find some answers for his condition. He has limited disease Small Cell Lung Cancer. His doctor is treating him with chemotherapy Cisplatin and VP16. He is going to be treated also with Radiation in the middle of December. The cancer is in his left lung and on the lymph nodes of the thorax. If there is any one out there who can advise me or knows something more please HELP me out. I dont want to lose my husband.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2003, 08:27 AM   #2

Shirleyg HB User
Re: Small Cell Lung Cancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonia34
Hi! My name is Antonia. My husband was diagnosed with Small Cell Lung Cancer on September 2003. He is only 39 years old. We have been together 19 years. We have three children together ,the youngest 4 years old. He is my whole life. I'm very scared because we are all alone here I have nobody to turn to find some answers for his condition. He has limited disease Small Cell Lung Cancer. His doctor is treating him with chemotherapy Cisplatin and VP16. He is going to be treated also with Radiation in the middle of December. The cancer is in his left lung and on the lymph nodes of the thorax. If there is any one out there who can advise me or knows something more please HELP me out. I dont want to lose my husband.
Hi Antonia...I answered your relply in my post.
You and your husband will be in my prayers every night.
about Small Cell Cancer...I only know what I have been able to find on line. I am to sacred to ask the Doctor much right now but when we go back in Dec. I am going to have the Doctor tell me how long he thinks JOhn has and just take it one day at time after that.
God Bless
Shirley

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2003, 09:07 AM   #3

MichaelNYC HB User

Quote:
Antonia, Nutrition will play a crucial role in your husband's battle with this illness. Using a search engine type in the words: Beating Cancer with Nutrition. You will find lots of useful information. Look for books written by nutritionists who specialize in cancer patients. Nutritionists believe that sugar feeds cancer including fruits so avoid foods with sugar. I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's condition but he must do all he can to help himself and not just rely entirely on the medical community. Best wishes to your family.

Old 11-28-2003, 09:42 PM   #4
antonia34

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelNYC
Antonia, Nutrition will play a crucial role in your husband's battle with this illness. Using a search engine type in the words: Beating Cancer with Nutrition. You will find lots of useful information. Look for books written by nutritionists who specialize in cancer patients. Nutritionists believe that sugar feeds cancer including fruits so avoid foods with sugar. I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's condition but he must do all he can to help himself and not just rely entirely on the medical community. Best wishes to your family.
Hi Michael, thank you for replying in my cry for help. I need all the help that I can get. I'm going to take you're advise and start looking in books and on line for nutrition foods that can help my husband. For the past month he been craving foods and drings with sugar. And when I read you're message I understood why. Thanks again for your wishes and for your advise.

Old 11-29-2003, 06:34 AM   #5

MichaelNYC HB User

Quote:
Hi Michael, thank you for replying in my cry for help. I need all the help that I can get. I'm going to take you're advise and start looking in books and on line for nutrition foods that can help my husband. For the past month he been craving foods and drings with sugar. And when I read you're message I understood why. Thanks again for your wishes and for your advise.
Antonia, also do a search using the word: Macrobiotic Diet. Also do a search using the words: Patrick Quillin. Sadly, there is no cure for cancer but so much can be done to achieve remission and nutrition plays a vital role. What you don't want to do is feed the cancer. There's a lot of information on the internet. Doctors know very little about nutrition so find the information yourself. You need to take an active role in your husband's cancer and not leave it entirely to the medical establishment. For your information, sadly, 40% of all cancer patients actually die of malnutrition. I wish your family the very best.

Old 11-29-2003, 10:34 PM   #6
antonia34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleyg
Hi Antonia...I answered your relply in my post.
You and your husband will be in my prayers every night.
about Small Cell Cancer...I only know what I have been able to find on line. I am to sacred to ask the Doctor much right now but when we go back in Dec. I am going to have the Doctor tell me how long he thinks JOhn has and just take it one day at time after that.
God Bless
Shirley
Thank you Shirley for having us in youre prayers that means allot to me because Gods power is bigger then any medicine. Dont be scared to usk, and find out, is better to know than not. You know approximately how much time you have with youre loved one. Was youre friend a smocker? Because they say that people that smocke cigarets are in danger of getting these type of cancer. Allso if you cant, give hem nutritios foods to eat. Go on line to beating cancer with nutrition and you are going to learn allot. I dint know that some one left me a reply on line about these. But I will try anything. I hope you are going to hear good knews from the Doctor in December about youre friend. Have a good knight and may god be with all of us.

Closed Thread