It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2003, 09:54 AM   #1

sfolkins HB User
My Husband(new daddy) has NSCC

My husband has been diagnosed with non small cell cancer. Unfortunately I cannot seem to find many support groups. We found out 3 months ago that my husband has this cancer, and they give him approx. 11months. Its non-operable so they started radiation but unfort. that did not seem to make any difference. So immedialtely they have started chemo.It has now spread to the back part of his right lung and another tumor (or mass has developed in his throat area). Does anyone have any information on life expectancy with this type of cancer? I am still in shock, but I keep so busy with a full time job and a 17 month old baby. He is in so much pain the past few weeks and we all try and stay so strong. It hurts to seem him like this.

Last edited by sfolkins; 12-05-2003 at 09:55 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2003, 11:38 AM   #2

mephoto HB User
Re: My Husband(new daddy) has NSCC

I am so sorry to hear of your husbands cancer. It is probably too soon to enter hospice but I would highly recommend them later on. Hospice will take patients who have a life expectancy of 6 months or less. They were fabulous with my dad. The nurses are gentle and kind and they will be there to answer any questions that may arise. I found it easier to keep myself busy too when my dad was going through this, it does help. We told dad to keep fighting, I had just had a baby 5 months before he passed away this past Thanksgiving and I swear she kept him going. He was just so thankful to see her born. There is something about the little ones that keep us going. Your husband has a lot to look forward too with your little one. I'm sure that will make him fight harder than he ever has in his life! My thoughts and prayers are with you through this long difficult journey.
K.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2003, 11:14 AM   #3

TheColonel HB User

I know it is very difficult to raise a baby and work full time and take care of a small child. My wife did it for almost a year. Anyway, I'm not going to get into my problems. I just want you to know that it is going to be hard and it is going to be hard on both of you. It was hard for me to watch my Dana struggling with my care and taking care of our children, Jake, 5 and Karen almost one.

I want to wish you the best. I hope that you pull through this and I hope that your husband does well. God Bless You.

And as to support groups, you've found it. The people on this board are informative and caring. Please keep us posted and know prayers are with you.

Walter

Last edited by TheColonel; 12-09-2003 at 11:16 AM.

Old 12-11-2003, 11:57 AM   #4

RMiller HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfolkins
My husband has been diagnosed with non small cell cancer. Unfortunately I cannot seem to find many support groups. We found out 3 months ago that my husband has this cancer, and they give him approx. 11months. Its non-operable so they started radiation but unfort. that did not seem to make any difference. So immedialtely they have started chemo.It has now spread to the back part of his right lung and another tumor (or mass has developed in his throat area). Does anyone have any information on life expectancy with this type of cancer? I am still in shock, but I keep so busy with a full time job and a 17 month old baby. He is in so much pain the past few weeks and we all try and stay so strong. It hurts to seem him like this.
We have friends who are undergoing the same thing.
The husband (27) has lymphoma, and has undergone the usual treatments.
They have two daughters 4 and 2.

I encourage you to go to Amazon and search for books by Max Gerson.
You may find an answer.

Old 12-14-2003, 06:52 PM   #5

pentex HB User

Did the dr suggest using Iressa to enhance his quality of life and perhaps extend his life? I put a posting out recently about how this has helped my MIL.....

Closed Thread