It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2003, 07:02 PM   #1
(female)

chicago1 HB User
very scared

hi, i am a 22 year old female. Last week i had phlegm with blood in it so i called my primary care doctor and he told me to get a chest x-ray. I did and it came up negative but he said it was probably from the bronchitis i had. Well to day i went to a lung doctor just to be on the safe side and he told me i have to get a cat scan of my lungs to check for lung cancer. when i got home i went online and checked for symptoms of lung cancer and the one that scared me the most was that some people experience leg pain b/c the cancer has spread. Well i didnt inform the doctor that i have been having leg pain for about a month now. The pain is like a sore feeling in both legs. It is mostly in the shin area and sometimes the knee's and feet. The pain kind of feels like shin splints. I thought legs and lungs had nothing to do with eachother. now i am very scared and i just wanted to ask if anyone else heard of this. Thank You all.

Old 12-17-2003, 07:42 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

LL29 HB User
Re: very scared

Hi Chicago and no I can't say that I've ever heard of that but honestly not overly familiar with cancer either. I quit smoking so I come and ck the boards here.

But I will tell you one thing - please do not worry about anything. Just pray and I will pray for you as well because worrying will only make you feel worse.

I get sinus infections and have coughed blood up before so it could be a number of things and nothing serious at all. Plus you're very young to have anything like that wrong. Do you know if it cancer runs in your immediate family?

Have faith chicago and no worries Keep me posted - if I don't get bk to you here (in case I forget - sometimes I post on too many threads) you can find me on the smoking cessation board.

Laurie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread