I would like your opinion on conducting Chemotherapy without having a sufficent gap from radiotherapy. What are the side effects? My Dad has just had his fifth session of Radiotherapy and is scheduled for three more over the next three days.
Plan is then that the doctors want to wait two weeks so the two don't interract and then pursue chemo.
My Dad today is saying he wants to start Chemo pronto as he 'feels' the cancer is spreading. He is the best judge of his body.
He is getting weaker by the day and feels like he has enough energy for the chemo if started now, but says if we wait till start of Feb he won't be able to give matters a fighting chance.
Let the experts make the call- they know best and know how the drugs will interact.
Plus the last thing you want to have happen is for your dad to be too weak or ill to finish all of the 2nd treatment bc he jumped into it too soon.