It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2004, 04:48 PM   #1

ann203 HB User
The Colonel: How are you?

Hello Walter, how are you? If you are feeling well enough, please post and let us know how you are doing. I hope you had a nice Xmas with your children. Is your mother in law still there looking after you? I think about you often and pray that you are okay. God bless you all, Ann.

Old 01-13-2004, 09:27 AM   #2

TheColonel HB User
Re: The Colonel: How are you?

Hello, Anne.

Other than being extremely tired I've been feeling all right. My MIL is still looking after me as is my niece. So far so good on the cancer front. The WBR reduced the brain lesions significantly and there is no additional spread. I'm still receiving treatment and have no yet given up hope of beating this. Thank you for your support, concern, and prayers. They are appreciated.

Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by annchane
Hello Walter, how are you? If you are feeling well enough, please post and let us know how you are doing. I hope you had a nice Xmas with your children. Is your mother in law still there looking after you? I think about you often and pray that you are okay. God bless you all, Ann.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2004, 01:32 PM   #3

ann203 HB User

Hello Walter, I'm so pleased to hear you are doing well. I'm also glad to hear that your MIL and your niece are still with you to help out with the children. You are an exceptional man for trying to beat this disease and my thoughts and prayers are with you. I think your courage and determination is brilliant, I don't know how you do it, but you must be an inspiration to so many others on this site. I wish you all the best and please keep us posted on your progress. God bless, Ann.

Old 02-02-2004, 07:53 PM   #4
Inactive

Dan&cheryl HB User

Hi Anne and Walter. Something made me check in today. I'm glad to see familiar "faces". I can hardly believe it will be a year tomorrow that I lost Danny. It feels like it happened yesterday. I imagine you're not having it easy Walter. You just keep fighting and know there are people who are praying for you. Cheryl

Old 03-05-2004, 12:39 PM   #5

TheColonel HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan&cheryl
Hi Anne and Walter. Something made me check in today. I'm glad to see familiar "faces". I can hardly believe it will be a year tomorrow that I lost Danny. It feels like it happened yesterday. I imagine you're not having it easy Walter. You just keep fighting and know there are people who are praying for you. Cheryl
Cheryl,

I have not been on the board in a month, but I decided to check in today. Things have been hectic around the house, with Karen growing up and moving faster, she's hard to keep up with. As to the cancer, it seems I've beaten most of them, I'll have the a lobectomy in April to remove the upper lobe of the left lung, which is still causing trouble.

All is well here, at least as good as it can be. And it will continue to sting Cheryl, but eventually, we'll both realize, life goes on whether we're ready or not. And we may pretend for a while, act like we're doing better and we have it together, then hopefully one day, as the Missionaries have told me, we'll discover we are not faking it, we are better, for real. You're all in my prayers.

Love Walter

Old 03-05-2004, 05:39 PM   #6
Inactive

Dan&cheryl HB User

Hi, I was so happy to hear from you. I'm really glad that you are doing good. Sounds like things are looking up for you. I started going to a bereavement group. Just when you think things couldn't be worse, someone always does have it harder. One woman lost her Hubby and her daughter. Honest to God I can't imagine how it must feel to lose a child. My oldest daughter signed me up and my younger daughter went with me. If I could have gotten my hands on her, I would have choked her. I kept thinking I gotta get out of here. I went alone for the rest of the sessions and it helped not worrying about what I was saying. Now it's over and I may join another one. When you are back on your feet, I'd say you should go too. You mentioned missionaries so you probably are way ahead of me.

Life is scary for me right now. I may have to sell my house or worse yet get a job to keep it. <smile> I also want to take a little week-end trip but I've never gone any where alone. I guess there is a first time for everything.

Well Walt, you take care and drop a line now and then. I should visit the board more but I don't. They do notify me of replies though. It was really wonderful hearing how great you're doing!

Old 03-07-2004, 07:09 AM   #7

ann203 HB User

Dear Walter, I am so happy that you are beating this thing. I felt like I had won the lottery when I logged on and saw what you wrote. Miracles can happen after all. I'm so pleased that against all odds you have beaten some of the cancers. You are truly remarkable and I hope others on this site will draw strength from what you have written. I just wish your beloved Dana could have been here to see it. How are you coping with the little ones? Is your MIL still with you? Dana would be so proud of you, as we all are. God bless you, and I will be thinking of you in April when you have your operation. Take care now, best wishes, Ann.

Old 04-11-2004, 10:28 AM   #8
Inactive

Dan&cheryl HB User

Just checking in again and hoping to hear that you are doing well. I hope having to deal with cancer and the loss of Dana isn't overwhelming you. You're so strong that I know Dana is proud of you. Cheryl

Old 04-20-2004, 09:43 AM   #9

TheColonel HB User

Hello all,

Just wanted to let you know I'm going for the operation tomorrow and I'll be in the hospital for a few days . I'll let you know how it's going when I get home. Take care. Thanks for caring, and Cheryl, hang in there. It'll look up.

Walt

Closed Thread