It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2004, 07:57 AM   #1

Cymidei Fier HB User
Question HELP do i have lung cancer???

i am a 23 year old male i used to smoke when i was 17 quit when i was 19.

For the last few months my chest has been hurting 24 hours a day all day everyday also when i move from side to side my ribs hurt all the time .

I went to the doctor and he told me that i have high blood pressure 159/103 and i am on univasc for that.

I have lumps in my stomach but he felt them for about 10 mins each and said they are fatty tumor or something like that.

Please help me i am lost..

Also for the last 7 months i have been feeling sick all day stomach aches and never no energy.. i have felt this way even before i started taking bpm

Old 01-13-2004, 04:53 PM   #2

Blessed1 HB User
Cool Re: HELP do i have lung cancer???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymidei Fier
i am a 23 year old male i used to smoke when i was 17 quit when i was 19.

For the last few months my chest has been hurting 24 hours a day all day everyday also when i move from side to side my ribs hurt all the time .

I went to the doctor and he told me that i have high blood pressure 159/103 and i am on univasc for that.

I have lumps in my stomach but he felt them for about 10 mins each and said they are fatty tumor or something like that.

Please help me i am lost..

Also for the last 7 months i have been feeling sick all day stomach aches and never no energy.. i have felt this way even before i started taking bpm
Hey, I'm not a doctor or anything but what you are describing here does not sound like cancer. Usually some indications of cancer are night sweats, fever, fatigue, and loss of appetite/weight. It does not mean that you should not consider any of this it only means that it appears that at this point it may be something else. If you are really concerned I would recommend getting another doctors opinon. Maybe a CT scan or xray to help ease you mind. Good luck.
Ron

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2004, 05:40 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

butterflytrans HB Userbutterflytrans HB User
Re: HELP do i have lung cancer???

Hey Cymidei...just to add some more reassurance, the chances of you having lung cancer at your age with the tiny amount you smoked is almost negligible. Have you been quite worried about lung cancer recently? The worry can exacerbate the sensation you're feeling.

One other thing you have to watch out for--are you tall and thin by any chance?

Additionally, normally lung cancer presents with B symptoms (as Blessed has beautifully listed above), or it can present with symptoms like shortness of breath, hemoptysis (coughing up blood), or some really funky stuff like:
hoarseness,
numbness in a single nerve region
arm pain
serious arthritis + excessive bone growth and swelling
dropping of an eyelid + inability to sweat on one side of the face....etc.

Point being? The chances of this all happening to you, a 23 year old man is very unlikely.

Old 01-13-2004, 06:41 PM   #4

Cymidei Fier HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflytrans
Hey Cymidei...just to add some more reassurance, the chances of you having lung cancer at your age with the tiny amount you smoked is almost negligible. Have you been quite worried about lung cancer recently? The worry can exacerbate the sensation you're feeling.

One other thing you have to watch out for--are you tall and thin by any chance?

Additionally, normally lung cancer presents with B symptoms (as Blessed has beautifully listed above), or it can present with symptoms like shortness of breath, hemoptysis (coughing up blood), or some really funky stuff like:
hoarseness,
numbness in a single nerve region
arm pain
serious arthritis + excessive bone growth and swelling
dropping of an eyelid + inability to sweat on one side of the face....etc.

Point being? The chances of this all happening to you, a 23 year old man is very unlikely.
the reason i am asking is because for the last 7 months i have been having cheat pain 24 hours a day also when i breath.

And my ribs hurt when i move and i always feel like i am sick to the point i want to vomitt.

I have no idea whats wrong with me all the doc says is that i have high blood pressure and taking med for it.

I am tall but am 228 pounds.

I just wish i knew what was wrong

Old 01-14-2004, 05:19 PM   #5

Blessed1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymidei Fier
the reason i am asking is because for the last 7 months i have been having cheat pain 24 hours a day also when i breath.

And my ribs hurt when i move and i always feel like i am sick to the point i want to vomitt.

I have no idea whats wrong with me all the doc says is that i have high blood pressure and taking med for it.

I am tall but am 228 pounds.

I just wish i knew what was wrong
*** A chest xray would not hurt, maybe even a Stress Test. A 2nd opinion from another doctor would not hurt either. Several years ago I had gone to visit my dad who I did not know was sick until I got there. He had all kinds of wires attached to him and he told me that they were doing some testing on him. After a day or so he keep getting these hicup attacks that were hard and fast and they would not let up for sometimes as long as 10 minutes. He would get these serval times an Hour... Finally I said thats it were going to another doctor. Come to find out he was having a reaction from the blood pressure medicine his doctor had him on. So I have always said this and can't say it other way then "its always good to get another opinion" and they do understand why you would do this.
Good Luck.

Closed Thread