It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2004, 06:48 AM   #1
(female)

kiddo HB User
My Dad has passed away

To all my friends,
My Dad passed away about three hours ago. At peace. Pray for us.
Kiddo

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2004, 10:25 AM   #2

Pammyjune HB User
Re: My Dad has passed away

Dear kiddo,
I just wanted you to know that I am very sorry for your loss. I too just lost my precious daddy a few weeks ago to lung cancer. He passed away in my arms. I can say that I know the deepest sorrow you are feeling. I always thought I could imagine or understand what a person feels like when they lose someone they love and cherish. But I realized you don't know until you live through it. I struggle every day with my grief. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Pammyjune

Last edited by moderator2; 02-03-2004 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Do not offer or ask for off board contact. The boards are for on-board sharing only. Please carefully read, know and follow the Policies and Guidelines. Click on FAQ at the top of the board. Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2004, 11:10 AM   #3

trinker HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddo
To all my friends,
My Dad passed away about three hours ago. At peace. Pray for us.
Kiddo

Kiddo,

I'm so very sorry for your loss, my heart is sad but like you said he is at peace now (no more pain) he is with the Angels now. Try to remember the happy times, keep them in your heart. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

T.

Old 01-30-2004, 05:34 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

delrae4753 HB User

you are in my thoughts and prayers

Old 02-02-2004, 08:46 AM   #5

ChazzyBear HB User

Kiddo,
Sorry for your loss, but we all know that they will be in a better place, no pain and the sun will shine every day for them.
My Mom is real close to going to heaven and she siad she would be the angel on my shoulder and that every day all I have to do is look to the sky and feel the warms of the sun rays even on rainy days... she will warm my face and heart!
May God Bless you and your family.

Can you tell me what the last sysptoms were (if you want to talk about it) as I feel my Mom is very very close. SHe is know starting to swell in the ankle area.

Old 02-04-2004, 03:32 AM   #6
(female)

kiddo HB User

As I told my Dad on his final day of the journey with us "its all OK" and it is. He did not have any 'final' symptoms. His symptoms at diagnosis were loss of weight and a burning sensation in his thigh. Otherwise he was fit..walking and swimming till early January.

He was diagnosed with what we were told was early stage NSCLC on 19 December 2003, and told on Christmas Eve it was Stage 4. For the first few weeks thereafter he was extremely well, as one doctor told him "if I didn't know you mate (bless the Aussie Doctors!), I'd never know you were sick". So true. Since Christmas, he lost more weight but soon managed to stabilise this. We were told he should lose his appetite, but for him, no way. Since Christmas, he had a craving for the most creamy, luxurious and expensive icecream..oh, and pizzas..he'd manage a whole family size pizza until only a few days prior to his passing.

Many treatments of radiotherapy agreed with him. However, he seemed to respond badly to the single chemo treatment he received (he was due for more though). He was so well for the first few days after chemo, that we joked about it..then after 5 days he got a temperature of 38 degrees c., started saying he could not breathe, and developed another infection over one he had just recovered from.

This led to several complications (in less than a week >> fluid on the lung, heart attack (and he had no prior heart problems), haemorrhage of the lung, and tumour spreading to the heart). It was these in addition to the Lung Cancer and an infection that abruptly ended his wonderful life. He quite simply did not have a chance to get over one complication before another one appeared. His mind and spirit were with him to the last breath.

My Mum, Brother and I were so fortunate to be with him, providing encouragement and willing him to be at Peace when he was ready. We told him many wonderful stories. We also thanked him for never giving up. I am the proudest daughter, he is my eternal hero, now in Peace.

I had the chance to say goodbye, and this has helped immensely. I will remain in contact with you all and wish you my best. Thank you so much for your kind words of support.

Stay Strong
Kiddo

Closed Thread