It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2004, 05:57 PM   #1

shammyl HB User
My mom's numb

Hi,
My mom has been on IRRESA for almost two years since she had the reoccurance on lung cancer. She had been tumor free for one and half years since then. However starting september last year, she started feeling the numbness on her right leg and getting worse now. She had gone through all the tests including CT scans on head and lung, no problem was found. Has anyone here had similar experience or know this might indicate something's wrong? Thanks in advance!

Shammyl

Old 02-19-2004, 09:06 AM   #2

MichaelNYC HB User
Re: My mom's numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammyl
Hi,
My mom has been on IRRESA for almost two years since she had the reoccurance on lung cancer. She had been tumor free for one and half years since then. However starting september last year, she started feeling the numbness on her right leg and getting worse now. She had gone through all the tests including CT scans on head and lung, no problem was found. Has anyone here had similar experience or know this might indicate something's wrong? Thanks in advance!

Shammyl
Only a wild guess but don't rule out neuropathy. Very difficult to diagnose.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2004, 10:50 AM   #3

shammyl HB User

we just found out last weekend that the tumor has spread to my mom's brain according to the MRI she did last week. This explained the numb problem she had since last November. The biggest spot is 2cm. She started radiation immediately. She was shocked to know the news, since the CT scan on the head showed clear on December and she had been tumour free for one and half years. But she's going to fight again this time.

Old 03-02-2004, 01:06 PM   #4

MichaelNYC HB User

Quote:
we just found out last weekend that the tumor has spread to my mom's brain according to the MRI she did last week. This explained the numb problem she had since last November. The biggest spot is 2cm. She started radiation immediately. She was shocked to know the news, since the CT scan on the head showed clear on December and she had been tumour free for one and half years. But she's going to fight again this time.
I'm so sorry to hear the latest news. This disease is truly a beast. Please do not rely entirely on conventional medicine. Do as much research as possible on nutrition. For a start do a search on Patrick Quillin, Dr. Lorraine Day, Dr. Matthias Rath, Johanna Budwig and Dr. William Donald Kelley. The very best.

Old 03-03-2004, 10:16 AM   #5

shammyl HB User

MichaelNYC,
Tnanks so much for the info! I am searching these sites right now.

Shammyl

Old 03-04-2004, 03:51 PM   #6
(female)

LibbyMack HB User

Quote:
MichaelNYC,
Tnanks so much for the info! I am searching these sites right now.

Shammyl

Did she have a tumor in her cerebellum??? My mother had one last fall and a neuro-oncologist told me that a CT scan can not detect a tumor in that area...it must be a MRI. My Mom had had two previous CT scans that were clear before her MRI showed a tumor. Good luck with your Mom. My Mom's cancer has returned and we meet with hospice next week.

Old 03-05-2004, 10:55 AM   #7

shammyl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibbyMack
Did she have a tumor in her cerebellum??? My mother had one last fall and a neuro-oncologist told me that a CT scan can not detect a tumor in that area...it must be a MRI. My Mom had had two previous CT scans that were clear before her MRI showed a tumor. Good luck with your Mom. My Mom's cancer has returned and we meet with hospice next week.
Thanks for your rwply. Did your mom have similar symptoms such as numb, losing control of leg movement, etc? My mom started feeling sth wrong with the leg last summer, got worse last November, found out the tumor only a week ago. Through the whole time, the CT sacns were all clear. I'm not sure the locations of her tumors. Is it hard to get rid of if it's in cerebellum?

How serious is your mom's this time? Did the doc. suggest any treatment?

Shammyl

Closed Thread