It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2004, 08:13 AM   #1
(female)

LibbyMack HB User
Question How fast does SCLC act when it returns?

My Mom was diagnosed with recurrent SCLC last May(she had lung surgery two years prior)...she has had chemo, radiation, radio-surgery and is very weak. However, she still gets dressed everyday if it is only to lie on the couch. Despite being without treatment since Christmas she doesn't appear to have gotten any stronger. I know that statistics for SCLC are not good (in fact I am surprised she is still with us since she is 83 and 50% of SCLC patients don't live more than 9 months). I don't know what to expect from here...her oncologist told me several months ago that when it comes back...it comes back with vengence. She has started to have periodic pains in her chest and under her arm in the past two weeks....she thinks it is angina but my family is all thinking the tumors are becoming active again. She has a tumor in her chest (which radiation shrunk), one near her neck (which chemo therapy shunk) a new small one on her adrenal glands and of course the one in her brain (which had radio surgery). Her next scans are tomorrow and we meet with the doctor next week. Does anyone have experience on how fast this can really act? She still eats some, sleeps alot but not all day, and is weak but her spirits are great. Please let me know any thoughts/experiences, etc. thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread