It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2004, 12:18 PM   #1

Cymidei Fier HB User
Back pain for 7 months is it cancer?

I know i have been asking over and over again if i have cancer but 7 months of back pain is killing me it hurts so bad.

I wish my doctor would listen to me and stop thinking i am nuts

Old 03-27-2004, 04:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

datgrlstef HB User
Re: Back pain for 7 months is it cancer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymidei Fier
I know i have been asking over and over again if i have cancer but 7 months of back pain is killing me it hurts so bad.

I wish my doctor would listen to me and stop thinking i am nuts

My dad's experience was that he had severe back pain, and his doctor did very little.. that is until he was taken to the ER and diagnosed with cancer.
You need to tell your dr that you're not only experiencing back pain, but (if you're having ANY difficulty breathing) any other symptom you are experiencing. My dad's doctor gave him a chest xray which showed nothing, as well as drew some blood. After being told that he did NOT have cancer, he was rushed to the ER in so much pain that after more thorough testing, the doctors at the hospital did a CT-scan and additional x-rays to determine he DID indeed have it. My dad's original doctor told him he probably just injured his back and then had him try physical therapy. He went back in after that did nothing (months later), and a nurse finally told him that if he really thought it was cancer, he should tell his doctor he had problems breathing. Now, I'm not suggesting you lie to your doctor, but if there are ANY symptoms you're experiencing that you feel could be related to lung cancer, you should make sure to tell your doctor. If he or she won't listen to you (and will not do any testing), then ask for another PCP.

*edited to add that you should not go in telling the dr you *think* you have lung cancer. Chances are at your age you don't have it- while it isn't impossible, it is probably unlikely. However, dr's don't care much for patients self-diagnosing themselves, and probably are less likely to take you seriously if you're going in convinced that's what's wrong with you. I'd just go in giving all of your symptoms- stressing the debilhitating pain, any problems breathing, etc.. Good luck!

Last edited by datgrlstef; 03-28-2004 at 08:17 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread