It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2004, 03:05 PM   #1

ShuannaLynn HB User
Unhappy My husband has stage IV lung cancer

Hi my name is Shuanna my Husband Chuck has lung cancer and also has mets in his stomach and around his esophagus.
He is only 34 years old.
I guess I am just looking for people to talk to who know what me and my family is going through me and my husband have 2 daughters Brittanie 14 and Baylie 8 we are very scared and so confused.
Chuck first got sick 3 years ago with head and neck cancer he had treatments and went into remission for 2 yrs and then 2 months ago while having a scan of his esophagus to see why he couldnt keep food down they discoverd he had cancer in his right lung.
They then did a bronc to get a biopsy and thats when they found out that the same cancer that was in his neck 3 yrs ago was now in his lung.
Back than he was diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma in the cervical lymph nodes with unknown primary.
In the past month he has had pneumonia twice he is in ccu now with the second one this month they also say he has some fluid around his heart.
If anyone would like to talk or maybe give me some info,maybe someone out there knows what this all means is he getting close to death?
Our Dr signed us up for hospice and he says we would be lucky to have 6 months but with the past month being so bad I am worried time may be shorter.
God bless you all and hope to hear from you soon

Old 03-30-2004, 03:19 PM   #2

DuneRider HB User
Re: My husband has stage IV lung cancer

ShuannaLynn,
I'm so sorry to hear what's happening to your husband... and to you & your kids as well. My dad has stage-4 lung cancer too, but he's 73. I'm 44 and have a 6 & a 9 year old and i can't imagine what you must be going through... we'll pray for your family tonight. Try to stay strong, there's a lot of good people on this forum to talk to.

Last edited by Racetricks; 03-30-2004 at 08:14 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2004, 05:54 PM   #3

renee_ky HB Userrenee_ky HB User

Hi ShuannaLynn- I am so sorry, yes, you will find many people here who do understand. My husband who is 44 also has small cell lung cancer, with prognosis of 6-9 months to live. Anytime you want to talk, thsi is teh place to come. It may take a while for someone to reply, but many will read. You are definetely not alone. Please use this board as an outlet, even if it is just to babble. It does help!

I will pray for you and your family.

Renee

Old 03-31-2004, 07:28 AM   #4

Hi ShuannaLynn- Just want to say hello to you and tell you that I am thinking of you. I pray that you find the strenghth that you will need to get through this, and to get your family through this as well.

You are in my prayers,
Renee

Old 03-31-2004, 10:12 AM   #5

ShuannaLynn HB User

Thanks for all the responses it really feels good to know I am not alone!
God bless you all and your families!
I too will pray for you all!
Thanks,
Shuanna

Old 03-31-2004, 11:55 AM   #6

Shuana- You are very welcome! I understand what a scary feeling it is. Just the thought of my husband dying horrifies me and leaves me feeling lonely, though he is still here. I am 32 years old, and he has been my best friend since I was 19, I can not even begin to imagine life without him.

Unfortunately, (per the doctors) his time here could end very soon, this year. It used to be, 6 months, or even a year sounded like a long time-not anymore.

If it were not for my faith, and my husband's faith, I think I woudl have lost my mind by now. Sometimes I feel I might lose it, even with my faith. I just remind myself, it is my husband I have to be strong for. If I am not strong, I am no help to him.

It would be easy to throw in the towel and give up, but we cannot do that.
Hang in there, and remember, you are not alone, even when it feels like you are.

Renee

Old 03-31-2004, 10:31 PM   #7

MichelleP HB User

Shuanna - We lost my step father to lung cancer with mets to liver and bones on March 4th. Since then my heart has been breaking for everyone on this board having to deal with themself or a loved one with a terminal illness. The road is not an easy one and we think we are ready but when it happens we learn we are not. There is so much anxiety of the unknown and what will happen next during the illness.

You and your family are in my prayers.

God Bless.

Old 04-02-2004, 01:33 AM   #8
(female)

Lady_J_1_01 HB User

I thank God for this message board, I felt so isolated and alone before finding this... My fiance has IIIB lung cancer, with also lynphnode involvement, he has had both removed.. now more radiation........Its the Sheer panic, of trying to find the best Dr. the best information, hurry hurry,,,,or else it will be to late!!... all awhile trying to "act' brave and maintain my job,appointments, meet his needs...Not quite sure what or why I was feeling this flood of uncontrollable emotions, except I feel at times so desparate, hopeless...It makes me ache to the core of my being.. knowing I will have to go on without him, my best friend, the one I wanted and had planned my future with...I want to fix it.. make it better, when he hurts I hurt. Its like a rollercoaster ride that scares me to death as I cling onto him for that sense of safty, yet when the ride is over ,Ill be getting off alone...I know with people like on the board, I can make it, I can see thier is life after so many sorrows...Its a process and somedays I dont do to well accepting it, I think well ,at least Im forwarned, and I get to make this time memorable compared to others loosing a loved one of a tradgic accident, But this isnt any easier on the heart.. Loss is loss... I dont want him gone from my world, forever. I dont want to have to work away from him and waste a minute apart. Minutes I cant get back, but we have to do what we have to do to survive. I wish i had a majic wand, I wish we would have done something sooner..(he had told me he had a spot found over a year ago, but thought it was related to farm work, and didnt have insurance to investage it) I wish we would have paid attention..He never really gave it any concern and neither did I. So many regrets...He is 53, smoked all his life..and continues to do so. I can only trust and beleive God is in control of all things.. So many times we can choose our actions but not our consequences....I will return here frequently for HOPE, and encouragement, knowing Im not alone..... Know today, tonight, right at this moment others are greving, moarning, recovering, like me.. like you...together we can nurture the human spirit in love .... Many Hugs... LadyJ

Old 04-11-2004, 07:27 AM   #9

Shuanna- We have not heard from you. I hope and pray everything is ok. You know where to find us if you need to talk, or just vent.

Still in my thougts and prayers!

Renee

Old 04-20-2004, 06:07 PM   #10

4mydad HB User

My Dad has lung cancer. They told us it is No small cell. He had a tumor the size of a large orange removed from his brain in March. He responded really well. But, a month later, they took out the lower left lob of his lung. Unfortunately, no one ever told us it was stage IV until after the lung surgery. His is very week and has phnemonia for the second time in four months. We found out today that they say he has weeks to months. Does any have any experience with this? My Dad is 73. The Dr's are pushing for chemo?????

Closed Thread