It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2004, 07:22 PM   #1

KellBelloxo HB User
lung cancer

What are the prognosis for someone with stage 4 lung cancer, that has spread to the brain?
Someone very close to my family has been diagnosed with Lung cancer, and he has a brain tumor. At first they thought he had had a stroke because he wastalking out of his head, and had a seizure then we fould out it was luing cancer. He is home now and recently went through radiation that did shrink the tumor on his brain alot, and chemotherapy. He has had a few more seizures sense he returned home. Can someone please give me some imformation on what we can expect? I look online and i dont find much about the spreading to the brain and the prognosis and all. Thanks alot

Old 04-14-2004, 07:43 AM   #2
(male)

Joseph_Health HB User
Re: lung cancer

KellBelloxo,
My dad has the same thing. He has lung cancer that metatise to the brain. He has 2 brain tumors. It looks like your dad is further along in treatment than my dad. The doctors did say he has 6 months to live. However, this was before they started treating him. I haven't heard from them if they change their mind on the 6 months.

Did they remove the mass that was in your dad's lungs?

They removed the mass in my dad's lungs. It was a small mass but very aggressive.

My dad should start chemo in about 2 weeks.

Joseph

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2004, 02:18 PM   #3

wubbogirl HB User

I am very sorry to hear about your dad. My dad was diagnosed with lung cancer in 2/03 and he lived only 4 months. His tumor although small but very aggressive and he eventually past away from complications of pnuemonia.

Britt

Old 02-01-2005, 01:35 PM   #4
(male)

Joseph_Health HB User

Hello all,
As you can see by the dates on the posts, I haven't been on for awhile.

Well, it has been "way" past 6 months (Docs said he had 6months to live). My dad is still alive and doing well.
The doctors were able to reduce the tumors in the brain. They removed the nodule in the lungs. They are still obeserving the tumors in the brain.

Lately he has been out of balance. As a result, we placed him in the hospital and is waiting an MRI.

Hopefully this helps people and not to lose faith! As many of you know and have said/experience that people who have stage 4 cancer are short lived.

Joseph

Old 02-02-2005, 06:13 AM   #5
(female)

mimirea HB User

Hi Joseph. Please keep in mind that even if the doctors do you your Dad a time frame, it's not necessarily correct. My mom has lung cancer and was given 4-6 months 19 months ago and she's still here with us. She has some really bad days and then she'll have a day here and there where I go over there and she seems great, no pain. I love those days. I think it is more about a persons will to live than anything else. Try your best to stay positive and spend all the time you can with your Dad. God Bless.

Old 02-02-2005, 06:14 AM   #6
(female)

mimirea HB User

Well, I guess I should have started with "Hi, Kellbelloxo" but hey, "Hi to everyone."

Closed Thread