It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2004, 04:01 AM   #1
(female)

kiddo HB User
Thankyou Chazzy, Medphoto and everyone who cared for me

I've always wanted to thank those of you who offered me advice and helped keep my spirits high...and yes, stay in the moment. I could name lots of you Chazzy, MedPhoto, Trying to feel good, Tri 03, Trinker, Pammy June...and everyone else who wrote.

I am so touched. I would like to keep contact with all of you who have written to me, particularly Chazzy and MedPhoto. Take care.
Kiddo

Old 04-01-2004, 05:56 AM   #2

mephoto HB User
Re: Thankyou Chazzy, Medphoto and everyone who cared for me

Hi Kiddo,

I would love to keep in touch. How are you doing? My family is having a difficult time with the spring coming. Easter was dad's favorite time of year. We visited his grave the other day, it was very difficult to see his name on the stone. Very difficult.

Lady and Renee, my heart is heavy for you. I am so sorry for what you are going through. Please remember to stay strong and cherish these moments daily. They will be moments you will remember for the rest of your lives. My best times with dad were the final months. We talked, we laughed, we sang we danced, yes we did all this before the lung cancer, but it meant so much more after. There was a time when we couldn't do this anymore so we made it work for us. When dad was real sick towards the end we still talked and laughed, I'd take him for walks in his wheelchair and we would play games by his bed. I would give him daily back rubs, touch is so important to cancer patients. Please know my prayers are with you, and I am so sorry that you or anyone has to go through this.
K.

Last edited by moderator2; 04-01-2004 at 06:57 AM. Reason: Please carefully read, know and follow the Healthboards.com Policies and Guidelines. Click on FAQ at the top left of this page. Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2004, 03:21 AM   #3
(female)

kiddo HB User
Re: Thankyou Chazzy, Medphoto and everyone who cared for me

Dear Medphoto,

Great to see you would like to keep in touch. I am slowly readjusting. So far I've only had the one 'tough' moment. It happened when I least expected it too. Otherwise I am taking a day at a time, No doubt my Dad is looking down saying 'its all ok'.

Like you, I will be going through a difficult time soon. I have upcoming functions to attend which my Dad was very much looking forward to attending. He was always more excited than myself about them - two years in the pipeline - and he missed by a few short months!! Everyone says he'll be there in spirit, and whilst I know he will be, I would prefer he be there in person. No matter what, it will just not be the same in my heart.
Having written this has brought a tear to my eye for both you and me. I'm sorry we are going through this. I'm not sure what else you wrote;it seems the moderator has amended your message...was it contact details??
Is there some other forum Mr Moderator for members to make one-to-one contact?

Lady and Renee, I am sorry too and share the same sentiments as Medphoto.

Closed Thread