It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2004, 03:14 PM   #1

laurven1983 HB User
We Need Help!

Hi, My name is Laura and we just found out about a month ago that my grandfather has lung cancer. He has a tumor on his left lung that is pretty big and it has already spread to his limpnoldes ,kidney's and liver I don't know what stage he is in but they doctors say that they can't do surgery or chemo,or anything else. The doctor told us that he has 3 weeks left to live as of 4/6/04 . I was just wondering has any had someone with this same situation live longer than the doctors said . I know that god can do anything and just because the doc said 3 weeks doesn't mean that god said 3 weeks, please if anyone has any encouraging words we love to here them.

Thanks , My prayers go out to all of you and your family.

Old 04-08-2004, 03:33 AM   #2

loretta kay HB User
Re: We Need Help!

No the doctor is not god. Take this time to love on him,touch him on the face, look into his eyes, hold him. I'am not saying you don't do that now..what I'am trying to say is believe it or not this can be one of the most healing times of life, seems to be at the time of death. At this stage, don't spend your time on trying to stop the what nature has planed ,it seems to be to advanced. You may miss the most memorable, intement moments of his life! May be with Gods help and his will, if it is meant to be you will have a little longer with him...If not he will be taken home..in wait for your arrival.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2004, 05:54 AM   #3
Inactive

haylee31 HB User

I am very sorry to hear about your grandfather.

My thoughts are with you and I know first hand how bad

lung cancer can be. I lost my father in 1983 and my mom

in 2003 and a chance my husband may have it now.

Most of the time doctors are accurate in the time one has

left like in the case with my mom and dad they were

correct. They can be wrong my girlfriends mother was

given 6 months to live and lived 6 years. It is up to god

when its the right time. Haylee

Old 04-15-2004, 02:00 PM   #4

laurven1983 HB User

Thanks for all the encouraging words maybe the doctor is wrong but he may be right only god knows so I will give it to god and let his will be done.

Laura

Old 04-16-2004, 11:41 AM   #5
(female)

Lady_J_1_01 HB User

Laura, my fiance was diagnosed with stage 3 b lung cancer, they offered chemo but didnt feel he would qualify for any surgerys....... then 6 months latter they (2 doctors) agreed it was stage 3 a...he had surgery to remove the shrunken tumor.. and it had metasitsized to his lymph nodes. Now he will restart chemo for another round to kill any "seeds'.... So go figure, we can only do what we can even doctors get baffled from this disease, since all have so many variables. I hope you will consider reading up on some nutritional supplements to help him regain some energy to enjoy what ever time he has. The more I read the more I see many people never die from the cancer itself, but from malnutrition related to it, and the body being so depleted it allows for different "bugs" to gain control. And as I see from others letters I have to agree, at somepoint we realise we are powerless over this, and Gods will and timming WILL be carried out regaurdless. Do take care of you, and hospice is a great source of info and support also. Gods peace to you Laura. Mattie

Closed Thread