It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2004, 05:06 PM   #1
(male)

Phantom_309 HB User
Question Chest x-ray shows benign appearing nodules?

I went to the doctor the other day because I recently discovered my blood pressure was slightly elevated. They took chest x-rays and did another test (EKG?).

The doctor came back after looking at the x-ray and said I had "calcium deposits" on a small area of my lungs. He acted like it was fairly common in the area I live and said it can be caused by fungus and mold in the air. He also mentioned scarring. He said he was almost sure it was nothing to worry about and he was going to have another doctor look at the x-rays.

Well today I get a card in the mail and it says, "Chest x-ray shows benign appearing nodules. Repeat in 3 months"

???????????????????????????????????????

I am 30yrs old, 185 lbs 6' tall.

Old 04-10-2004, 01:48 PM   #2

katiesquilts HB User
Re: Chest x-ray shows benign appearing nodules?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom_309
"calcium deposits" on a small area of my lungs. He acted like it was fairly common in the area I live and said it can be caused by fungus and mold in the air. He also mentioned scarring. He said he was almost sure it was nothing to worry about and he was going to have another doctor look at the x-rays.

Well today I get a card in the mail and it says, "Chest x-ray shows benign appearing nodules. Repeat in 3 months"
Do you now or have you ever lived near a river, on a farm, or in a metro area with lots of birds, pigeons, esp? This is a common thing. Definitely follow up with your doctor and if you just don't trust his opinion, get a second one. Ask about getting a chest ct scan.

Most of the nodules that are found in the lungs are benign. They have several tests that are noninvasive that can be done to determine this.

My advice: get a copy of your films and the report and hang onto it. if you've had any other chest x-rays done, get copies of them. Have another test done in 3 months and have them all compared.

CGD, Chronic Granulomatous Disease, is thought to be caused by fungus found in river areas. Did you have a lot of bronchial infections when you were younger?

Out of idle curiousity, how are your teeth? Does it seem like you have a lot of plaque even if you are fanatical about brushing and flossing? I ask only because I brush at least 3 times a day, flossing and using various tools, but it seems like the plaque is taking over. My GM had the same problem. i had a chest x-ray in feb and had no nodules, but a ct scan in March showed two. I've never lived near the rivers, although we did have barns when I was little.

Michelle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2004, 08:34 AM   #3
Inactive

haylee31 HB User
Re: Chest x-ray shows benign appearing nodules?

Hi Phantom, My hubby is going through the same ordeal.

He had a cat scan done on his neck do to a swollen lymph

node and they found a small nodule on his lung. The doc

told us same thing does not think its cancer but rather

infection. We live in Ohio were the bird poop thing is more

common. I have a aunt and cousin that have a nodule

from birdy poo. I wish you the best of luck my hubby will

meet with his surgeon on Tues. Haylee

Closed Thread