It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2004, 05:30 AM   #1

moily HB User
My sister lost her battle

My sister lost her battle with Stage 1V non small cell lung cancer this morning at 12:30. She died peacefully surrounded by her children. She was 47. This is the second sister that I have lost to cancer in three years. The first was 45 and died from Ewings sarcoma (bone cancer) I will be 45 on Sunday, and feel so scared and alone that this will happen to me. There were three girls in the family, (no other cancer on either side by the way) I don't smoke or drink and take pretty good care of myself, but this disease is just so awful and scary. Please say a prayer for her

Old 04-13-2004, 07:14 AM   #2

renee_ky HB Userrenee_ky HB User
Re: My sister lost her battle

Moily- I am so sorry for the loss of your sister. I pray for your heart to heal, and for you to find peace within yourself to calm your fears. I have a husband that is losing his battle to lung cancer. I know it is a horrible disease that affects so many people everyday. The only true blessing is, when they are ready to let go, God lovingly takes our loved ones from their pain and devastation and wraps them in his loving arms, and cares for them for eternity. And, he leaves his presense in our hearts so that we may feel the warmth of his love as well. It is not until we seek him, that we find him.

May God bless you and your family!

Renee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2004, 12:10 PM   #3
(female)

Lady_J_1_01 HB User

Moily, to lose a loved one is a time when we all look at our immortality, and how fraigle life is....It seems you try hard to live healthy, thats all we can do, heed the warnings and advice of the Dr's/ and intuition. Please dont "stuff" your feelings and never resolve some of your concerns. Possibly have a physical,know your odds, and risk factors that you DO have control over. Just knowing you have did your best concerning your health should give you a sense of accomplishment. Our world has many toxins, and Ive known of people in the healthiest of states surcomb to cancer.Never knowing why.... I hope you will give yourself credit for all you are doing to stay healthy. Not making yourself crazy worring,... you have just gone through so many changes and sorrows, and great loss. Please do know as you read this others too know and feel your sorrow, and also that fear.....Cancer is an awful thing... Till we know of a cure all we can do is just what we are doing.... Everyday.. the best we can do......I wish you speed in healing your broken heart. Hugz. Mattie
PS. Did you and your sisters possibly grow up near or around a high risk area for cancers? Since no others in your family have it? Just curious....

Old 04-17-2004, 06:35 PM   #4

moily HB User
Re: My sister lost her battle Lady J

Thank you all for your caring support. Yesterday was the memorial service and it was beautiful. And yes, I have alot of healing to do. I've lost my whole family now, (except for my husband and my children and my sisters children), and it will be hard to live the second half of my life without them. As for growing up in a high risk area- I don't think so. It was a suburb in Northwest Chicago, not very populated back then. The only thing I do remember is the mosquito trucks spraying the neighborhood in the summer...

Old 04-18-2004, 06:00 PM   #5

renee_ky HB Userrenee_ky HB User

Moily- I just wanted to tell you hello, and tell you I am thinking of you. My heart breaks for you, I just can not even begin to try to imagine what you are feeling, and the the thought that must be going through your mind.

Again, I am thinking of you. And I wish you the best.

Renee

Old 04-19-2004, 02:18 AM   #6

Lizbef HB User

Dear Moily..............I am so sorry about your loss.............there had been some earlier messages from Mom2o which I'd replied to, who I think was your neice - which obviously means it was her mum who died. Please pass on my sincerest condolences - I will remember you all in my prayers

xxx

Closed Thread