It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2004, 12:49 PM   #1
(female)

Lady_J_1_01 HB User
Moily how are you?

I have been thinking of you, and Just wanted to check and see how you are doing? Mattie

Old 04-20-2004, 03:29 PM   #2

moily HB User
Re: Moily how are you?

How nice of you to ask Mattie. I'm just kind of taking it a day at a time. It was hard losing my first sister three years ago, and now I've been hit with a double whammy. It feels strange to be the only surviving member of my family at 45. I went to my doctor yesterday and had a bunch of blood tests done, and the usual female stuff. I wanted him to order me an MRI so I could be assured there was no cancer in my body, but he said unless I'm having any specific problems my insurance wouldn't cover it. I do have a geneticist checking the files of both of my sisters for any correlation, so they can let me know if theres something to watch out for. How are you holding up? I'm praying for you.
Sue (moily)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2004, 11:21 PM   #3
(female)

Lady_J_1_01 HB User
Re: Moily how are you?

I feel for you being alone. I know I am so close to my family, I cant even imagine what you go through. I havent been on much latley. I am hanging in their, we have started chemo again, another 6 sessions of 2 weeks on, one off... He remains in alot of pain from the lung surgery, So we pick and choose what I call his "tokens" on, since he only has so many a day, then he is tired for a few to play catch up. Lung cancer or any illness such as this is so taxing somedays. I try to rest when I can, but I do travel 2 hours to work. I do have my days of feeling weary, and wanting to give up right along with him. Some times I break it down to a day, an hour. Whatever it takes to renew my strength. I sure hope you have a network of friends to call on. My children have been a blessing, and try to pitch in and help while Im away working. My grandson (2) allows me to maul and cuddle him so I fill up with his bounding inquisitve zest for life. I think of you and many on here often. I admire your strength. I hope you will pop on and keep us posted. God bless Mattie

Closed Thread