It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2004, 06:29 PM   #1

char1048 HB User
Post husband has stage IV lung cancer with mets to brain, adreno glands, and neck masses

Hello My name is charolette and my husband of 36 years was dx with adenocarcinoma lung cancer on Feb. 3 2004 with mets to brain adrenal glands, and he has 2 neck masses. He just finished 3 weeks of radiation on his brain, and just started back on chemo Monday second dose of taxol and carbo. Radiation was very rough kept him very tired all the time and grumpy alot but thats ok he is aloud. So far doing good with chemo, he hasent been to sick from it yet. It is nice that this site is here and it is nice to meet you all will keep in touch often. Char

Old 04-30-2004, 12:27 AM   #2
(female)

Lady_J_1_01 HB User
Re: husband has stage IV lung cancer with mets to brain, adreno glands, and neck masses

hi Char, Im sorry to hear of your husbands dx. It sounds like it has been a tuff few months for the both of you. Has the treatments helped? I two am thankful for this message board. Ill be praying for you. I have found although Im not the one with cancer, Somedays due to all the needs of my mate, I look and feel worse than him. So Id like to just say, rest often, and do take the time to care for yourself also. God Bless Mattie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2004, 02:38 AM   #3

howard.wpk HB User
Re: husband has stage IV lung cancer with mets to brain, adreno glands, and neck masses

hi there just read your post ,their is an excellent website called credence type this word into your search and it will bring you up the home page go into newsletters and in March newsletter ther is a heap of info and testimonials of people with cancer and the b17 treatment they have used with amazing results,(I lost my Dad to cancer and wished I had known about this site earlier,Good Luck!!

Old 04-30-2004, 10:52 AM   #4

char1048 HB User

Thank you Mattie and Howard for you kind words and yes Mattie I will try to take time for me but it is hard hubby is doing ok so far have not had any scans since treatment started so I dont know it it is doing anything yet. It is the not knowing that is very hard to deal with but we just pray. Howard I will check out this site thank you.

Old 05-30-2004, 08:01 AM   #5

annieboo HB User

Dear Charlotte: My 42 year old husband was diagnosed last week with Stage IV non-small cell lung cancer. He had been tired and was losing weight but otherwise in great health. We are just getting over the shock and have quickly moved on to his survival. WE WILL BEAT THIS! He starts chemo next week once all of his scans are done. I just joined this board the day we heard and you are the first I have read about that has a young husband in the same boat.

Take care and God Bless

Anne

Old 05-18-2005, 05:25 PM   #6
(female)

boopa62 HB User

Hi, if someone could please tell me where to search for stage four adenocarcinoma, my friend was just diagnosed and it has spread to her head, its not in her brain but attached to her head, she is starting radiation tomorrow, but we dont know what to expect.....please anything would help

Old 05-19-2005, 08:18 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

rockie HB User

I also have a hubby diagnosed with later stages of non-small cell lung cancer. Two chemo treatments under the belt and hopefully only 12 more to go. It was a huge shock to find out he had cancer to begin with-he only 55 yrs old and healthy as a horse. Later even more dismayed to find out that he was not operable after all. We had heard also that surgery was the most effective means of treating a non-small cell. The waiting and the not knowing whether the drugs are helping is nerve-wrecking. The long nights of little sleep, constantly worrying whether the terrible pain that hits him so hard is his lung or his poor heart saying "I can't take too much more". The dark circles under the eyes are a permanent part of my daily makeup, but I thank God he is doing as well as he is and I find it an honor to be of help to him during this journey.
Try to get rest when you can, go for long walks and breathe in fresh air. Try yoga. Be good to yourself as best as you can, so that your emotional and mental health will keep strong. You are in my prayers, along with so many others on here. I wish that there were a way to have live chat also on this site for those of us that keep short sleeping hours. This is still a great site and has been a help to me in these early days as the wife of a cancer patient.

Jan

Old 05-22-2005, 07:57 AM   #8
(female)

rhebeka HB User

Dear charolette: I am so sorry for you and your husband. It sounds like you have the right attitude though. It's going to be really tough for both of you to fight this but I believe you can do it. I was diagnosed with rhematoid arthritis because of a syndrome I had called "hypertrophic osteo arthropy" wich occures in 5% of lung cancer patients. Needless to say I was not a happy camper when I finally got in to see a rheumatologist and she ordered a chest x-ray and it showed a 9cm mass in my right lung. I was staged at IIIa and had my entire lung removed. It was a year ago April and I'm still in remission. Somedays are better than others and some are just down right depressing but then all that makes the good days just that much better.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you both as you fight this battle.

{{{HugZ}}} Becky a/k/a Rhebeka

Closed Thread