It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2004, 08:56 PM   #1

kristi_p HB User
my father-in-law

Couple years ago he was diagnosed with colon rectal cancer. He had surgery, illiostomy, chemo and veerything was fine.
Last MAy all of a sudden he lost his voice, still can talk, just hard to hear him. After awhile finally figure out it was cancer in his throat. They sadi it was colo rectal spread. He was on chemo for that thought things were getting better. Then it "seemed "he had a terrible sinus infection. They went in him to clear the sinus infetcion and it turned out to be a tumor. And also found cancer in his lungs. So he was receiving radiation for sinus area and chemo for lungs. Those together were really kicing his butt.
After a little bit they stopped the radiation, to let his mouth and throat heal from it. Then he got pneumonia, was inyhospital. The did MRI and the doc thoought he had had surgery becuase the sinus are had shrunk so much. I thought that was really good news. SO he started up radiation and stopped chemo. He just finished radiation1 1/2 weeks ago. Will have to wait 5 weeks to get an MRI on that because it is so inflamed from radiation.
MRI on lungs showed cancer getting into bronchial area. Yesterday he just started on 4 diff types of chemo.
He isn't feeling well which is from radiation and sinus area being irritated. ALso short of breath becuase of lung area.
I am just looking for some hope. I know every case is different, but everyone seems to think he isn't going to get better. I hate to think that!
Does anyone know of any case of someone who has bounced back from something like this.

Thanks for your time

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread