It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2004, 02:04 AM   #1

kllym HB User
Question upper back pain along spine and too either side

Hi all
I have been a smoker since 15 yrs old and im now 27 . I smoke 20 cigarettes a day , i have recently started to have pain in my upper back along the spine(upper) and to either side and also in shoulder blade area . It is more of a bothersome ache that comes and goes except for the last 2 days when it has not gone away at all . I have also started to get bone pain in other places ie arm , leg , elbows , any ideas?

Old 05-05-2004, 06:36 AM   #2

ellispam HB User
Re: upper back pain along spine and too either side

I'm new to this group, but if you have any concerns about your health, go to a doctor. And keep going to the doctor until you get an answer or relief. Don't be intimidated by a doctor dismissing your symptoms as "nothing."

My Dad -- who was 77 and had smoked for 65 years -- was treated for an "ear infection" for 8 months. Unfortunately, he lives far from all his children, and we didn't know how long he'd been sick until his doctor finally ordered a CT scan and discovered lesions in his brain. He had Stage IV NSCLC with brain and spine mets. The "ear infection" was actually a tumor on his cerebellum.

Your symptoms are probably something that can be easily treated -- but it's your body and your life. For your best chance to avoid the horrific, tragic things you're reading on this message board, please think about putting the cigarettes down for good. Nonsmokers certainly get lung cancer, but smokers are more likely to get it. Why risk your health if you don't have to?

Good luck! And let us know things go.

Pam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread