It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2004, 12:52 PM   #1

renee_ky HB Userrenee_ky HB User
Update on my Husband

We just got back from the oncologist, and could not be happier! They did a chest x-ray, the tumor in the left lung has shrunk again, it is down to 3.2 cm (was 3.7 during chemo). His lab work was good, blood counts were normal. They did send some blood work off to do a liver enzyme test. If anything negative comes back from this, they will call us.

The conclusion from the Doctor was, if the tumor in the lung has shrunk, it is realistic to believe it ALL has. They did not do any further tests today. Scott does not have to go back to the Doctor again until 8 weeks.

He (the doctor) also felt compelled to tell us a story of an elderly woman who was diagnosed with the same exact caner as Scott, her diagnosis was in January of 2003. After 1 round (3 days) of chemo, she decided to not take the treatment. Today, she is alive and well, and "CANCER FREE". Her terminal diagnosis was not correct. I felt the need to share that with you to. It is hope!!!

The Doctor admitted again, "it is cancer, we don't know".

Thank you all very much, prayers are working!!!

Renee

Old 05-11-2004, 07:05 PM   #2
Inactive

haylee31 HB User
Re: Update on my Husband

That is great news Renee and you betcha that

is hope. I am so very happy for you both. Haylee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2004, 01:02 AM   #3
(female)

Lady_J_1_01 HB User

Y E S ! ! ! Sending you both a BIG HUG... Thankyou for Sharing the hope!

Old 05-12-2004, 01:14 AM   #4

wolvey76 HB User

THIS IS EXCELLENT NEWS!!!

hows scott taking this?

am so happy for you, god bless...ur still in our prayers!

Old 05-12-2004, 04:48 AM   #5

Scott is very happy. When the Doctor said that, he looked at me and said "see, I told you I am not dying". The doctor looked at him and giggled and said "with an attitude like that, you will out live us all". I love this Doctor, he is absolutely wonderful. He will not tell a person they are dying, unless they are in teh stages of death. I think he must be a religous man becuase he always says "that's not my call". In this office, there is 6 Oncologist, he is the only one that has not said that Scott will die, he will not say that. Of course, Scott likes thsi doctor as well. He just makes us feel very comfortable, he has a way of just easing your worries without even trying.

Once we left the office, Scott called just about everyone we knew. He was in such a good mood yesterday, happier than I have seen him in a long time, Now he is read to get busy and get back in shape, and back in good health. Getting this news eally motivated him.

Renee

Old 05-12-2004, 05:43 AM   #6

mephoto HB User

What wonderful news....it is so good to hear such positive news like this. It seems like you also have a wonderful doctor! Keep the faith!!! K.

Old 05-12-2004, 10:03 AM   #7

Yes, he does have a wonderful doctor. he is such a positive person, and encourages patients to NEVER give up, because cancer s so unknown, and even they are constantly surprised by results. He believes, and and tells you, the best defense to cancer is a postive mental attitude, I believe that 100%. I believe, if Scott had accepted that he was terminal, when diagnosed, he woudl now be gone. Or, if not gone, very sick. But, he has never let it get him down. He keeps in mind all of the things that cancer can NOT do.Most importantly, cancer can not take away his will to live, and it can not strip him of his failth.

Old 05-12-2004, 07:31 PM   #8
Inactive

haylee31 HB User

I so agree Renee a positive attitude means a world

of difference. Example: My friends mother was diagnosed

with a terminal cancer years ago . Not sure what type of

cancer she had but was only given 6 months. She had a

different plan and kept a positive attitude and turned

her so called 6 months into almost 7 years before she

passed. There is no doubt in my mind her strong will and

faith kept her going. I am so happy for the both of you its