It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2004, 04:49 PM   #1

ann203 HB User
Question The Colonel

Hello Walter, I hope you are well enough to read this message. How are you doing? How is the treatment going? I hope everything is okay with you and that the children are well. Please, if you are able to write, let us know how you are, I have been praying for you and think of you quite often. God bless Walter, Best wishes, Ann.

Old 05-17-2004, 08:20 PM   #2
Inactive

Dan&cheryl HB User
Re: The Colonel

Hi Ann. I was wondering about Walter too. How are things with you? I still think of Danny everyday. I can go a whole day without crying even. Anyway, I sure hope we hear from Walt soon.
Cheryl

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2004, 02:22 PM   #3
Inactive

hope1220 HB User

I too was wondering about you, anne and you cheryl and walter too. It was nice to ck the board today and see some old familiar names. It is still very hard for me - it has been 1 year today that I lost my best friend and mother. And it was 1 year on 5/03 that I lost my dad, who remember we didn't even know was ill and turned out he had LC worse than mom and died first - then we lost her only 15 days later. To loose them both in 15 days I am still reeling.

Still not one day goes by that I don't cry or want to pick up the phone to call mom. I think of all the things I still need her for - to ask her - I do believe I will see them once again - but it is so hard to wait. Any way it was nice to hear from you both. I look forward to hearing about walter. Hope, B

Old 05-19-2004, 02:31 PM   #4
Inactive

Dan&cheryl HB User

We had many conversations about losing two loved ones so close together. My only comfort was they are together to help each other. Our family will never get over it. I wish Walter would check in and tell us how great he's doing.
I agree it's nice to see familier faces. I wonder about Donna and Nancy too. Take care and maybe Walter will jump in!
Cheryl, still missing Danny and Gene...

Old 05-19-2004, 03:46 PM   #5

ann203 HB User

Hello Cheryl and Hope, it's lovely to hear from you both again. I'm sorry to hear that you are still both suffering so much pain. I don't think you ever get over the deaths of loved ones, but I do truly believe that they have gone to a better place and that they are waiting there until we can be reunited again. The first 12 months is always the worst, you always find yourself saying, this time last year......... etc. etc. But time really does heal, it doesn't make the pain go away, but you learn how to cope with it better. Hope, wasn't it you who said your parents lived near some sort of waste ground where certain materials were being dumped? Have you looked into that yet? If so, what is happening about it? I too am looking forward to hearing from Walter, he posted a little while ago saying that he was well and that his treatment was working for him. I'm so happy to hear that as he has young children to raise. I was also glad to hear that his mother in law is still with him to help with the little ones. I think about him often, he has been so strong through all that has happened to him. I still can't believe what happened to Dana. Life can be so cruel. She would be so proud to see how Walter is coping. God bless you both and take care, you are still in my prayers,
Ann.

Old 05-24-2004, 11:37 AM   #6

clc313 HB User

hi i havent been on here for a while, since my mom passed away on 12/29/03. And i too have been wondering about the colonel. he is the reason i logged on today! i was on when this thread was started, and i am alittle worried because there hasnt been a response from the colonel yet! Colonel, we are all anxiously awaiting your response, and hope to hear from u really soon!

Old 05-26-2004, 11:33 AM   #7
(female)

NancyEllen HB User

Hi Cheryl, Hope and Ann...It was so nice to see some familiar names on these boards. Gosh, I haven't been here in such a long time. I hope the Colonel is okay. How is everyone doing? My Dad has been gone for nine months. I can't believe it. My ex father in law died this past February so it has been a tough 12 months but we are all hanging in there supporting each other. I think of you all often.
Nancy

Old 06-02-2004, 04:24 PM   #8

clc313 HB User
Question Re: The Colonel

still no sign of the colonel? I sure hope all is well!

Old 06-02-2004, 04:45 PM   #9
Inactive

Dan&cheryl HB User

Hello to all. I'm afraid to think why the colonel hasn't answered. Nancy, Hope, Ann, so good to hear from all of you! Now if Donna and Leisa would check in, we would know we're all doing ok! Nancy, I still don't talk to my mother. I hope everyone of you are handling your new life. Softer is the word the grief therepist uses. It doesn't get easier, it gets softer! My love to all!
Cheryl

Old 06-02-2004, 05:32 PM   #10
(female)

NancyEllen HB User

Cheryl, I had a really bad Memorial Day weekend. I cried almost the whole weekend. My father was a WWII vet and my 19 year old son moved into his new apt and now we have an empty nest. I filled in all the holes in his walls and have prepped the room to paint. We will have a beautiful guest room. I feel so much better today. I am really sorry you don't speak with your mother. I can't write about my mother because I don't want to have regrets but I barely tolerate her.

I keep wondering why my father doesn't walk down the sidewalk into my office. I imagine that he does--it makes me feel better. I thought I was doing really well and then bam, the grief sneaks up on you. You are going to a grief therapist? That is great! I like the word soft. I will remember that. My love to you and all.

Nancy

Old 06-07-2004, 04:54 PM   #11

ann203 HB User

Hello again everyone. It's so nice to see all the familiar names back on the board. Does anyone know anything about Walter? He posted on 20 April 04 to say that he was going into hospital the following day for his operation, but he hasn't posted since. I pray that he is okay. If anyone knows anything, please let us know. I'm praying that the worst has not happened to him. Walter said in his post that he would only be in hospital for a few days, but it has been nearly 7 weeks now. God bless you all, Ann.

Old 06-07-2004, 08:27 PM   #12
Inactive

Dan&cheryl HB User

Hi Ann. I too hope walter is doing ok. That family has been through so much. I know what you mean about Memorial Day. I went to the cemetery the day before so I wouldn't have to deal with a lot of people. There is a little girl buried next to my brother and it's always a shock to see that tiny grave. I guess things could be a lot worse for us. Keep your chin up and know that I think of you a lot.
Come on Walter, we need an update!
Cheryl

Old 07-29-2004, 01:40 PM   #13

ann203 HB User

Does anyone know how Walter is, has anyone heard from him? I'm beginning to fear the worst. The last time he posted was the day before he was due to go into hospital for a couple of days, but that was months ago in April. If you're out there Walter, please get in touch.
Ann.

Old 07-29-2004, 02:49 PM   #14
Inactive

Dan&cheryl HB User

Hi Ann. I've been thinking the worse too. I don't know why, but I think about him and Dana a lot. That really breaks my heart. I wish all our old friends would check in now and then, Nancy, Donna, etc. It's been a year and a half since I lost Danny and I was just thinking today about cleaning out some of his things. I think I still expect him to come home. Anyway, good to hear from someone that helped me get through the worse time of my life. I hope we helped Walter when he needed us.
Cheryl

Old 07-29-2004, 05:01 PM   #15

ann203 HB User

Hi Cheryl, thanks for posting. I'm sure that Walter found some comfort from this board, I like to think he did. I think about him and Dana alot too. Life can be so cruel sometimes. I have a son named Daniel, and my daughter is expecting a little boy in 2 weeks time and she is calling him Daniel too, so your Dannys name will always live on. How are your family? Are you on good terms with your mum now? Eighteen months ago seems like a lifetime away doesn't it? I hope that time has helped to heal some of the pain you are going through. Yes, it would be nice to hear from the others, just to find out how they are getting along now. I read the posts on a regular basis but I never seem to reply anymore. It's all so sad, but I find myself drawn to this site each time I log on. Take care now, and please let me know how you are getting along. God bless, Ann.

Closed Thread