It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2004, 11:58 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

dfwgoodguy HB User
Unhappy Sigh...questions..please help..

I just found out today my mom might have something on her lungs. She had a heart thing done a while back which they tied close some arteries or somthing, it was causing her heart rate to go up real fast then back down to normal, sometimes below normal. Well that was a quick procedure and she hasn't had that problem since.

Well she had her chest X-rayed along with that, id say that was a month ago maybe. Well doctor called today saying he saw a spot on her lung. Does this mean she has lung cancer? She use to smoke like 10years ago, am not sure for how long, i know she didn't smoke a whole lot..like a pack a day or anything. But she hasn't smoked since then.

Does this mean she has cancer? I'm really scared and upset..thx

Last edited by dfwgoodguy; 05-24-2004 at 12:00 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2004, 12:22 PM   #2

clc313 HB User
Re: Sigh...questions..please help..

from what i've heard, it doesnt necessarily mean lung cancer when there is a spot on the lung. it could be scar tissue from an illness like bronchitis or phynomonia (sorry about the spelling). also u dont have to smoke at all to get lung cancer, there are other factors, like second hand smoke, asbestos, chemical etc. so it is important to follow up on it and find out as soon as u can so she can get the proper treatments.
sorry for all the worry u have right now with the heart and now this spot its alot to handle. i know!

cindy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread