It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2004, 10:49 AM   #1

mephoto HB User
It's been 6 months...

Hello everyone...
It's been 6 long months since dad passed away. I still remember that morning like it was yesterday. Does it ever get any easier? I think of him daily and oh how I wish he were still here. I miss and love him so much, I don't think this hurt will ever go away. My 9 year old and 4 year old helped me make a memorial garden in our yard in honor of their PaPa. They miss thier grandpapa so much also. Just the other day my 4 year old asked me if we could go get PaPa now, can he come home now mommy? As much as I explain it to him it is so difficult for him to understand.

I pray for you all and you are on my mind daily. This is a nice place to come when you need to feel close to others that are going through what you did. Thanks for listening.
K.

Old 05-29-2004, 06:05 AM   #2

renee_ky HB Userrenee_ky HB User
Re: It's been 6 months...

Good Morning- From my experience of losing my father in 1991, it does get easier because we learn how to deal with our emotions. But, there will always be days where it still hurts as bad as it did the 1st. It was odd that this was the 1st message I read this morning. Not odd, but ironic. Just this morning I was dreaming about my Dad. In my dream, I was calling for him to come back, but he wouldn't. My husband woke me up and I was panicing. He told me I was dreaming, and of course I was boo hooing like a baby. So see, there will always be days where it feels like your heart is being torn out. But on most days, it is easier.

I do hope your heart heals and that you find peace with your Father's passing. Though I miss him terribly. I am glad that my Dad no longer suffers as he did before he passed.

Take care..

Renee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread