It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2004, 07:06 PM   #1
(female)

Lady_J_1_01 HB User
Question Feels like worms crawling all over inside.....

Well he has one more "series to go with his Chemo, this week they put it off due to his lukocytes being .6 He wants to stop all things after this next chemo treatment. He has been complaining of feeling like worms are crawling all over inside of him..then breaks out in a cold sweat... his lower back has been hurting also. He said he still aches inside when he moves from the staples he has. Is this from the oxycotten?/ Neurontin?? Or are their new things going on? I would appriciate any imput. Please just tell me if this is familiar to anyone....... thank you. Mattie

Old 06-02-2004, 11:36 AM   #2

renee_ky HB Userrenee_ky HB User
Re: Feels like worms crawling all over inside.....

Hi Mattie- I wish I could answer your questions. But since Scott quit his treatment very early, he did not experience any of this. Scott does have lower back pain, not sure if it is cancer related or his replacement related.

I hope you find your answers! I have been thinging of you and hubby and still praying for you!

Renee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2004, 04:03 PM   #3

clc313 HB User

i'm not to sure about the worm thing, but my mom also started to have back pain. she thought she had a pinched nerve, but ct scan showed the cancer had spread to her tail bone, thigh bone, and the muscle in her bottom. I'm not saying that is what is going on in your situation, but he should go get it scanned to see what might be going on!

Old 06-03-2004, 06:03 AM   #4
(female)

Lady_J_1_01 HB User

thank you both... Is Scott now enjoying life a little more?? Cindy I am sorry of your moms suffering...
I work 3-4 days outta town and I worry for him when Im gone... I need to save the time for when Im really needed .. and we m,ake the most when I I am home... I oftern feel so torn.. but such is our lives... Clint has chosen to stop chemo.. he is exhausted.... and weepy allot... I think we both thought Chemo would be the trick, and now he is so weary it will take time to heal..... Again thank you both. And as Always i pray for all of you... I know its al in his hands... Mattie

Old 06-03-2004, 07:56 AM   #5

Hi Mattie- It took Scott some time to recover from the chemo, once he decided to stop it, But once he did recover from the chemo affects, life has been pretty good for him. He is mostly fishing and golfing. Not golfing too well, but he is enjoying himself, and time with friends and family. Because of his back pain, he is limited. But, he is not taking any meds (other than his herbs). So, as for the pain, he is just dealing with it. I am a big baby, I woudl be taking something! He is afraid if he takes anything for pain, he will not have the motivation to get out and enjoy himself. I am sure he is right.

I hope Clint recovers from the chemo affects and is able to get out in the feresh air, and enjoy himself, and enjoy all of you. when did he stop chemo? It took Scott about 2 weeks to start feeling "normal".. But once he did, his motivation kicked in and he has just been going and going. I hope Clint will be able to do the same.

Take care.. I will talk to you late

Renee

Old 06-03-2004, 07:59 AM   #6

Cindy- I am so sorry to hear about your Mother. Like your Mom, Scott says it feels like he has a pinched nerve in his lower back. When he is sitting or laying down, it is worse. Once he gets up and starts moving around, it loosens up and feels better. Is that how your Mom's was?

Closed Thread