It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2004, 09:25 AM   #1

Sbeth1966 HB User
Stage IV Survivors?

My 47 year old husband was diagnosed on Memorial Day with Stage IV Non-Small Cell Adenocarnoma of the lung. It had metastized to the brain and he had an emergency crainectomy where the brain tumor was successfully removed. He has recovered from that surgery remarkably and has the most incredibly positive attitude. The PET scan tests came back yesterday and it has not spread to the lymph nodes, bones or elsewhere thus far and he is scheduled for a lobectomy on Tuesday morning to remove the tumor on the lung. He just knows he is going to beat this nightmare despite the oncologist telling us that he has a 2% chance to survive. He swears that he will be in that 2%. I want so badly to believe that he will make it; but I know that I also need to prepare myself for the alternative. Can ANYONE out there please tell me that they know, or are, a survivor of Stage IV NSCC? I'm desperate for hope.

Old 06-10-2004, 11:11 AM   #2

Venture HB User
Re: Stage IV Survivors?

It's tough to beat, but there are some survivors who even make all the doctors scratch their heads! 47 is young, and youth seems to be somewhat of an advantage. Keep the faith!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2004, 02:48 PM   #3

MichaelNYC HB User

Nutrition will play a crucial role in your husband's battle to survive lung cancer. Do as much research as you can in this area. Do a search using words like.....Beating Cancer with Nutrition. It's strongly believed that sugar both naturual and refined feeds cancer. I've also read several testimonials of former cancer patients who used a microbiotic diet to beat cancer. One such person is Janet E. Vitt, RN. This nurse also had lung cancer that spread throughout her body. Do a search. Knowlege is Power.

Old 06-18-2004, 03:47 PM   #4

twisted123 HB User

SBeth,

I think that the fact of them doing surgery is a great thing. My mom also had the cancer that had mets. to the brain and all they did was radiation for her. She was the same cancer and the same stage.

Closed Thread