It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2004, 08:23 PM   #1

VaLady06 HB User
Question Flax Oil and cottage cheese

Has anyone heard of the Dr. Budwig cure for cancer>> and does it really work. I dont have cancer but I do smoke and trying to quit but its so hard. It is called the flax oil and cottage cheese cure. I read an article where she states she has cured people with cancer with this diet. Has anyone heard of this before?? I currently take 2000mgs capsules of flax oil a day to be on the safe side. Can anyone relate to this.?? I have a few symptoms but lack the funds for a doctor visit. I have a every day cough that sometimes brings up white or clear sputum and my left arm will sometimes hurt and I get a burning behind my left shoulder blade. Do these sound like cancer symptoms?? I need to hear something from someone to put my mind at ease. Thank you for listening.

The following user gives a hug of support to VaLady06:
yingjie (01-24-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to VaLady06 For This Useful Post:
yingjie (01-24-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-17-2004, 04:50 AM   #2

renee_ky HB Userrenee_ky HB User
Re: Flax Oil and cottage cheese

VaLady- The symtoms you describe do not sound like any of the symtoms of lung cancer, at least not what my husband had/has. I have not heard of the diet you mentioned, and not sure that flax oil and cottage cheese would cure cancer, it is highly unlikely. But, they are both very good for you, and you should continue with both. My husband takes Flax Oil daily as well. He also loves cottage cheese with Pineapple, the pineapple is really good for taking fluid out of your lungs. if you have a lot of congestion.

As you know, the best way to reduce your risk of lung cancer, is to stop smoking.

Good luck!

Renee

The following user gives a hug of support to renee_ky:
yingjie (01-24-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to renee_ky For This Useful Post:
yingjie (01-24-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2004, 12:48 AM   #3

VaLady06 HB User
Question Re: Flax Oil and cottage cheese

Thank you for answering me Renee. I did some more research on the flax oil and cottage cheese diet and people are really saying it can cure cancer and has. Go to keyword or goggle and type in flax oil for cancer, there you will find the info about Dr. Johanna Budwig. She has also been on 20/20 about this diet. You take 1 tablespoon per 100lbs to a 1/4 cup of cottage cheese daily and you can add fruit if you like to give it a taste. The flax oil does taste pretty bad. I just started it yesterday. You say your husband has cancer, Renee I am so sorry, I hope he does alright. May I ask, what symptoms for cancer did he have?? Thanks ..

yingjie (01-24-2012)
yingjie (01-24-2012)
Old 06-20-2004, 05:02 AM   #4

I hope she is right, but my husband was taking Fax Oil regularily, before being diagnosed with cancer. Maybe there is a difference between the liquis and the capsules, he takes the capsules. With Scott, he was being treated for walking pnuomonia, and did have pneumonia, but did not know that cancer was lurking behind it. This started in August of 2003. It started out with normal flu like symtoms, and then escalated to pnuemonia. Our family Doctor was treating him with anti-biotics. All along, from September to December, our Doctor was practically begging Scott to let him do more then a chest x-ray, becuase he was staring to think there was more to it then pneumonia. My husband being stubborn, and a naturalists, said no. I was suprised that he was even taking the anit biotics, as he takes nothing but herbs and vitamins. Him taking a pharmaceutical told me that we was sick! In December, we went bowling. Scott did someting and hurt his hip. He ignored this for about a week, thinking it was muscles and would get better. It did not get better. After going to our family Doctor, he was sent to an orthopedic to have it looked at. By this time, it was x-mas Eve. After seeing the scans, the ortho knew right away that Scott had cacner. Being x-mas Eve, and him not knowing us, he did not know what to do. The ortho was able to reach our family doctor and asked him for advice. He was directed NOT to tell us what he thought it was, and to send us to the hospiat for a full body bone scan, ct scan of chest abnomen and pelvis, and for another chest x-ray. While having the tests done, the lab tech went and got adoctor and asked that he look at the scans because we he was was bad. The doctor from the hospital aso paged our family doctor, he too was instructed not to tell us anything. No, I am not bitter that everything was kept from us, becuase it was x-mas eve, and because we did not know these people. It was the day after x-mas that the test results arrived at our family doctors office, along with the diagnosis. We received a phone call from our doctor, asking us to come to his office. On the way to his office, Scott's hip BROKE. Once they got Scott as comfortable as possible, we were told that he has small cell lung cancer which has metastisised, and that is what was causing the problems with his hip. We were also told that he had 6-9 months to live, if he took treatment. Our doctor wanted him admitted into the hospital right away, to address the hip and to start chemo. Scott said no, he wanted to go tell our families 1st, not call everyone from the hospital and tell them he has cancer, and he is dying. So, we went to the Othopedic again the same day. There was nothing he coudl do, because the hip was so badly damaged. He too wanted Scott in the hospital so that he could replace his hip. Again, Scott kindly declined and explained why this was not possible. We spent the next day visiting and calling friends and family, 2 days after the diagnosis, he was in the hospital. The full hip replacment was done, and more tests. By this time, we learned that the cancer had spread from the left lung to his hip, liver, spine, brain and lymph nodes. He received radiation for both sides of his brain, in February, there was no more cancer detected in his brain.

Scott now admits, despite everyone begging him, he did not let the doctor do any further tests in the beginning because he had a feeling they were going to find cancer. He knew they would not be able to help him if it was, so he thought he could heal himself with herbs and viatmins. This is why I am so skeptical about the Flax Oil and cottage cheese regimen. Scott is very knowledgable about herbs and vitamins, and flax oil is one of his choices, even before the diagnosis. Now, if we go back in July and find that he has a miraculous recovery, my faith is herbs will be renewed. But, I will of course give the credit to GOD.

It has been almost 6 months since his diagnosis. By choice, he quit chemo in March.

Initial symptoms included: Nauseau, dry cough (excessive coughing), shortness of breath, decreased energy level, elevated blood cell counts, slightly supressed appetite, fever, chills, fluid on the lungs, weakness, bone pain.

Symptoms today: Gets winded, but not as easily. Tires quickly. Back pain and still coughing. So, not as many symptoms today. He does get out and do things, mostly fishing. He does tire easily and has to push himself, but having the ability to push himself is a blessing in itself.

Take care,

Renee

The following user gives a hug of support to renee_ky:
yingjie (01-24-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to renee_ky For This Useful Post:
yingjie (01-24-2012)
Old 07-19-2004, 09:17 PM   #5

VaLady06 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Flax Oil and cottage cheese

Hi Renee >I was just checking in on you to see how Scott was making out. You said he was due to see the Doctor again this month, did everything come out okay, I sure hope so. My prayers are with you and Scott, I hope the two of you got or will get good news soon.
Bonnie

yingjie (01-24-2012)
yingjie (01-24-2012)
Old 07-20-2004, 06:40 PM   #6

Hi Bonnie- Scott is back on chemo and taking radiation. Doing both at the same time is really taxing him. When he returned to the doctor they found that the tumor in his left lung has increased greatly, blocking the left bronchi. And, it has now started going to the right side. The cancer is also in his ribs now, he has one broken rib, from COUGHING! He started radiation Thursday (15th) they started it really strong, 400 rads, the intensity will be dropped down tomorrow, he has 10 more days of radiation before they re-check him. He started chemo on Friday (the 16th), he opted to take VP-16 orally, it is a capsule. As with most things, it is not as effective orally, but teh side effects will not be as severe as the IV. Now, we just have to wait, and PRAY PRAY and then PRAY some more. I am concerned that he can not handle 10 more days of radiation and 17 more days of chemow, he is already getting very weak, and not eating much. They said the radiation will start burning his esophagus and it will make it difficult for him to swallow and digest. Unfortanetely, it is unavoidable. I just hope he can continue to get some kind of nutrition, and keep up sopme of his strength.

Thank you for asking about Scott, and thank you for ypur thoughts and prayers, it really does mean a lot to me.

Renee

Old 07-31-2004, 08:06 AM   #7

Kitchener HB User

Renee, I am so sorry about your husband scott. May I ask, was he a smoker ?And did he try taking essiac. You mentioned that he was a naturalist, so I was wondering if he new of or took the essiac.
My father died of lung cancer so this topic is dear to me.

thanks and God bless.

Old 07-31-2004, 10:01 AM   #8

Hi Kitchener- No, I do not mind if you ask anything. Yes, Scott was a smoker for about 30 years. Ironically enough, he quit smoking 6 months before he was diagnosed with lung cancer. Essiac does not sound famiiar to me, I have to say, he did not try that.

I am very sorry about your father. Cancer is by far the most heartbreaking disease I have ever personally dealt with.

Renee

Old 07-31-2004, 01:06 PM   #9

Kitchener HB User

Renee, you may want to research essiac, it may be a pleasent suprise.
Just found out my wifes uncle(54) has lung cancer as well.

Old 07-31-2004, 08:04 PM   #10

I will research it. Anything is worth trying! Thanks!

Old 08-01-2004, 08:18 AM   #11

Kitchener HB User

Renne try the essiac-info. org site.

I did not want to through the 3 w's in there as they don't like us posting websites.
Let me know what you think.

Closed Thread