It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2004, 04:35 PM   #1

k311yandk3v1n HB User
Thumbs down I am worried about my mom

My mom was diagnosed with lung cancer in july of 2002. she went through 1 round of cancer and lost all of her hair. she also went through 2 rounds of radiation. she has 4 kids including myself. i am the youngest and i am 14. from about dec. to feb. she was considered to be in remission. but the doctors did a pet scan and now her cancer is back. she has had several biopsies.i am so scared that she will die. i would never be able to live without me mom. she is my best friend. i tell her EVERYTHING. the only other person who i feel like i can talk to about this is my boyfriend who i love very much. i cry so much and every song somehow relates to this. i cant take it anymore. it hurts so bad. i was diagnosed with Major Depression Dissorder(MDD) in January. now i am on wellbutrin with helps tremendously. but i know that soon i will have to get off. i am also on birthcontrol. and all that mixed with my moms chemo and doctors bills is so hard to keep paid. my dad is the only one who works because now my mom is phisically incapable of working. anyone who can just offer some words of advice would be very helpful. thank you and God bless you all.
-Kelly_

Old 06-22-2004, 11:45 PM   #2

twisted123 HB User
Re: I am worried about my mom

Hello Kelly,

I am so sorry to hear about your wonderful mom. I also have a 14 year old daughter and I can feel your pain. Cancer is a terriable beast and I hate what it does and the heartache is causes in families.

I would advise you not to worry about the bills... at 14 that is not something you should have to worry about. Why will you need to go of your medication? I know that it feels like you have the weight of the world on your shoulders right now but I would advise you to take each day as it comes and be the best daughter you can be. I am sure both of your parents are very concerned about you and the effect that your mom's illness upon you. Does your mom know that she is your best friend? Does know how much you apprieciate him and how hard he works for the family? Tell them how you feel and then show them by doing your part to keep things moving smoothy. Are you seeing a councilor to talk over things with your depression?

Remember that somethings are just out of our control and so after we have done our part we need to give the rest to God. May God bless you and your family. (((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2004, 01:51 PM   #3

k311yandk3v1n HB User
Talking Re: I am worried about my mom

thank you twisted123

i have been waiting for someone to post a reply. and what you said really made me feel better. and guess what! my mom got her cat/pet scan results in yesterday which confirmed that the tumors in her lung are no longer malignant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! Thank God. i am so happy and i was so relieved yesterday when she told me. thank you for all of your advice and understanding. i hope to keep intouch with you. btw...what state do you live in? i live in texas. p.s.i cant say thank you enough.
-Kelly- SO HAPPY!!!!

Closed Thread