It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2004, 05:37 PM   #1

rebekkabobekka HB User
more bad news??

Ok..the doctor calls me today..and says that on the report during my pre surgery testing that my chest x~ray came back with "density" in the right upper lobe..has anyone else had this happen? what does it mean? I quit smoking when i was diagnosed with thyroid cancer.. after smoking for about a pack a day(sometimes less) for alittle over 10 years...now i a terrified..I have 2 children and a wonderful husband..and I am scared this may be lung cancer...
thanks for any help that anyone can give me!
bekka

Old 06-24-2004, 09:19 PM   #2
(female)

Lady_J_1_01 HB User
Re: more bad news??

I am sorry to know of your feelings of impending doom, and anixiousness. Keep on the Dr's till you get the answers you need to feel at peace, sometimes we get lost in the shuffel. The squeaky wheel gets the oil, Ive found to be true. Ill be praying for you Bekka. Mattie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2004, 09:49 PM   #3

rebekkabobekka HB User
Re: more bad news??

Hi....
Thanks so much for your input..
I spoke with the doctor to get more info on my chest x~ray..
he said the upper right lobe looked alittle expanded...
and that the guy who read it said he thought it was the way I was standing
when i got the x-ray... that neither of them seemed over concerned about it... I asked if they seen a mass or a nodule or anything and he said No..
he decided that rather than do nothing just to be sure he would do the CT scan..although I am not as upset as i was..i still am concerned.. I think the fact that I don't have my thyroid..and the fact that I haven't been on meds yet and feeling like crap leaves my mind open to wonder "what else could go wrong" so..I won't know anything until the 3rd of July...and thats when i go back to see the doctor... so from what else he said was that the guy who read it doesn't know me...doesn't know if there is something there because he doesn't know me from anyone else's x-rays he has seen.. so my doc said the only reason he sent it to him like that was for precaution..since I had the thyroid cancer...does that make sense?
thanks again

Closed Thread