It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2004, 10:44 AM   #1

mrs.m HB User
frustrated and worried

A couple of months ago my husband was coughing alot, wheezing, having difficulty breathing, and he was sneezing with a runny nose.

He went to the doctor and the doctor did not seem concerned at all. He said it was a head cold! I insisted that they do a chest x-ray and when they did the doctor said he saw bronchitis.

Well, he gave him some meds and it went away for awhile, but now it's back.

He's having trouble breathing, wheezing when he laughs, and he has to clear his throat alot at night. He says his chest is tight. He thinks it's because he works in a dusty shipping warehouse and the dust is just irritating his lungs.

I've been reading about the symptoms of lung cancer and I'm really worried. This doctor did not seem worried at all. And I've read that recurring bronchitis is a symptom as well. My husband is being stubborn about going back to the doctor.

I would like him to have a CT scan as well as the chest x-ray. Can lung cancer be mistaken in an x-ray for bronchitis?

I just don't know if I should insist that he go to another family doctor or go straight to the hospital. No one seems concerned but me.

He's 22 years old and never smoked. He seems in top shape, but I can't help but worry.

Old 06-29-2004, 05:53 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

dreamer89 HB User
Re: frustrated and worried

this is weird I only visited this thread just now and my mother had the same problem she couldn't get rid of bronchitis and when they did a cat scan they found a lump and sure enough it was cancer it was small cell carcinoma, she is okay now the bronchitis problem is what got them to find it in it's first stage.

get an second opinion, it may not be cancer, but they can do tests to rule that out. no need to worry yourself, he could just have a weakened immune system to. by the way my mother was 70 and did smoke so he being young probably is okay but it doesn't hurt to be sure.

RR

Last edited by dreamer89; 06-29-2004 at 05:55 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread