It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2004, 05:05 PM   #1

renee_ky HB Userrenee_ky HB User
Update: Broken Ribs

Unfortunately, Scott just took a turn for the worse. I spoke about "no pain" just a little too soon. Scott coughed last night, and felt something pop under his left shoulder blade. I put my hand on this spot and I could also feel it popping. I asked him to PLEASE go to the ER and just get it checked, he agreed. What they found is 2 broken ribs, because the cancer has now found it's way into his ribs. Also, the mass in his lung is significantly larger. Right now he is not in the hospital. They said as long as his pain can be controlled until Tuesday, he would not need to be admitted. So far, the pain med is working. I pray that it continues this way until Tuesday atleast. On Tuesday, they will re-check him from head to toe. It really has taken a toll on him this time. Scott's spirits are down and he does not feel optimistic.

Please pray that this is the only new growth, and that it can be removed with radiation and allow the bones to heal.

Thanks,
Renee

Old 07-05-2004, 11:36 PM   #2

twisted123 HB User
Re: Update: Broken Ribs

Renee,

I am so sorry. I pray for a cure this and the people it affects every day.

Please let us know what you find out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2004, 01:54 AM   #3
(female)

Lady_J_1_01 HB User

Renee.... I am so sorry to hear of the news... Know that your in my thoughts.. and that I also know tuesday may as well be a year away in the feelings we swallow daily awaiting that time..... Please do know we are all here for you.....
Clint is having some problems swallowing.. he said he feels like thier is a lump in his throat at times.. which then leads to a nauseated sick feeling.. we will go back to the Dr. this Friday.... nothing for nausea works. The 4th he put on a strong face for the family, he grilled, even sipped a beer.. till it made him feel ill.. then he had to go to bed...My children struggle, my daughter is close and has seen and witnessed all the changes...and understands the mystery of never knowing what each day may bring...... my son lives 5 hours away,when he comes, he cant seem to get that how Clint feels isnt always a choice..its a sentance.... He wants the old Clint back.. full of life, laughing.. energetic...Always on the go.....*sigh* (whispers...... I want him back too)
Know.... I WAIT WITH YOU......if not in body , in spirit...I pray for devine intervention and strength for you both. Although hard to do, try to fight that awful feeling off of "impending doom". Remember.... 'All things are possible through Christ Jesus'.....I cling to that verse somedays, because it is my only thread of hope........I wish I could do more for you... God be near you. Mattie

Old 07-06-2004, 05:59 AM   #4

Today is the big day, I am praying that Scott has the strength and fight left in him for what's to come. Right now, he is wounded spiritually. He is a man of great faith, but is very weak right now. My prayer is for his spirit, for without it, he is defeated.

I will update this evening.

Renee

Old 07-06-2004, 07:40 PM   #5

Hello all: Unfortunately, I can not tell you anymore today than I already have. The Oncologist confirmed that the cancer is in his ribs, and the tumor in his lung has increased. The Doctor has ordered CT scans of his chest, abdomen and pelvis, as well as a full body bone scan. The tests are scheduled for July 12th & 13th. The doctor preferred to discuss this more in detail after he has all of the results. Because this is a systemic cancer, it has most likely spread to other organs and/or bones, which rules out the option of radiation. Most likely, it will be chemo therapy or nothing. This is a decision Scott has to make. Right now, chemo therapy sounds pretty good to him.

A good note, he was able to sleep last night and does feel better today!

Thanks.. I will update when there is more to share.

Thank you for the prayers!!

Renee

Old 07-07-2004, 04:21 PM   #6

k311yandk3v1n HB User

that is exactly what happened to my mom. her 2 ribs were broken from the cancer getting to them. but chemo and radiation did help and i hope they help your husband too.
im praying for ya'll
-Kelly-

Old 07-08-2004, 08:40 AM   #7

Thank you Kelly! I have to tell you, you are the sweetest and most compassionate 17 year old I have encountered in a long time.

Renee

Old 07-08-2004, 12:39 PM   #8

DAA HB User

Renee,
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this diffucult time. Its almost 2 months since my dad passed from LC and I get such help/strength here chatting with others and reading posts on lung cancer. Please tell your husband to keep a positive outlook. Just remember one day at a time. God Bless and keep us all posted. Take Care

Closed Thread