It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2004, 08:06 PM   #1
Veteran

letfayhol HB User
My Story

Hello, I am new to this forum and I would like to share my story, because I would like to be a support for anyone who has cancer or a family member with cancer.
I was 13 when my father was diagnoised with cancer. After several treatments of Chemo and radiation and remission my fahter died when I was 15. My dad was only 51 years old and did not smoke.
I don't have experience with any other cancers, so I am just basing my opinion on my own experience. I believe that lung cancer is the most horrible way to die. My best and only advice to family who has a loved one who has cancer is; if you have differences of any kind, put them aside. You must think only of the person who is sick. You must not argue and put un-needed stress on the patient. My family disliked my mother and so my fahter felt that stress and worried daily. My family then never spoke ot my mom or showed support during his illness and after his death. It has been 14 years and they are still distant.
My uncle (dads brother) just died last December (also of cancer and age 46)
This being the first time my family has spoken to me without anger in 14 years. I was 15 and not only lost my father to a horrible disease, I also lost my family. Sad but true, when I lost my uncle to the same horrible death, I gained a family I had once lost.
Please, I beg of anyone who is having a difficult time; hold on to each other. Love each other, forgive each other and show support to each other.
My prayers are with you and/or your families

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2004, 09:52 AM   #2
(female)

RitaB HB User
Re: My Story

Very well put - glad you have reconciled with your family

Closed Thread