HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Cancer: Lung (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/cancer-lung/)
-   -   Please pray for my friend (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/cancer-lung/198484-please-pray-my-friend.html)

LuvMyLilDoggie 08-13-2004 08:20 PM

Please pray for my friend

Hi everyone. I have a dear friend. Her name is Shirley. She's been diagnosed with lung cancer and at this time is extremely ill. She's such a loving, caring person and I HATE that this is happening to her! She has helped me through some very rough times in my life and I feel so helpless now. So I thought the only thing I can do right now is to pray and ask others to do the same.
Please pray for her. She would really appreciate that as do I.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Barb

Kitchener 08-14-2004 06:15 PM

Re: Please pray for my friend

Sorry to hear about your friend, she is really going to need you to be there and be strong.
You both will be in my thoughts.

LuvMyLilDoggie 08-16-2004 08:43 AM

[QUOTE=Kitchener]Sorry to hear about your friend, she is really going to need you to be there and be strong.
You both will be in my thoughts.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I appreciate that and I'm sure she will too.
Barb

oldwheat 08-17-2004 01:19 AM

I will pray for Shirley and you. Does she have Hospice helping her? They are excellent. :angel: Laura

LuvMyLilDoggie 08-17-2004 10:42 PM

Currently she does not have Hospice. She was just recently diagnosed but she's getting worse rather fast. She's not having visitors at this point and just doesn't feel well enough to talk on the phone for long.
I've been around on these boards for a while and have found everyone to be caring and thoughtful. That's why I thought to ask for prayers on this board.
Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers.
Barb

renee_ky 08-18-2004 06:54 AM

Hi Barb.. Prayers for you and Shirley! She is lucky to have a friend such as yourself. When I think of the MANY people that have to go through this alone, it breaks me heart.

God bless you!

Renee

LuvMyLilDoggie 08-22-2004 01:26 PM

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Shirley came home from the hospital. Her husband has told us that it's terminal. It seems to be happening so fast. I just can't believe it. She seemed so healthy not long ago. Now she has stopped the chemo. This all seems so unreal. I feel like I'm looking through glass at something that's not really happening. Of course I know that it is.
Please continue to pray for her. She made amends to everyone before she knew she was even sick. I'm so happy for her that she was able to get the feeling of peace from doing that. That's one less thing that she has to worry about now.
Again, thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers. You're all :angel: s!
Barb