It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2004, 07:01 AM   #1

renee_ky HB Userrenee_ky HB User
Update on hubby 08/20/04

We went to the oncologist today. Scott can not walk at all, he is in a wheel chair. Both of his legs have some type of injury/pain. He describes the pain as muscular and nerve pain. The doctor thinks it is possible that the cancer has spread to his lumbar and/or thoracic spine. We have an MRI scheduled to look at the spine.

They also scheduled CT scans of the chest abdomen and pelvis again. The Doctor is concerned about his liver, since it has now been over a month since he has had chemo. The doc said the metastasis in the liver have most likely increased in size and number. Since they can not give Scott chemo, because his stomach has not healed from the radiation, they decided to go ahead and do radiation on the tumor in the Iliac (Pelvic area) to relieve the pain from this tumor.

So, now wait until all of these tests are done in September to know "what next". The MRI of the spine will be done on August 26th. The CT scans will not be done until September, after the radiation has been completed on the Iliac.

Renee

Old 08-28-2004, 02:14 PM   #2

texaswonder HB User
Re: Update on hubby 08/20/04

Renee,
I am sorry to hear that Scott is in a wheel chair and is in so much pain.
I am praying for your family
Robin

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2004, 06:18 PM   #3

janice0815 HB User

Sounds l*ke you are go*ng through an extremely scary t*me. Wa*t*ng, * f*nd, *s soooo d*ff*cult. You are *n my thoughts and prayers da*ly. Rest and look after yourself *n th*s troubl*ng t*me although * know th*s *s eas*er sa*d than done. Do you have fam*ly support close by?

Old 09-02-2004, 06:15 PM   #4
(female)

Lady_J_1_01 HB User

Renee.... I weep with you, I pray God will lesson those minutes that turn to hours, and Scott will be pain free. I am sorry. Mattie

Old 09-03-2004, 07:43 AM   #5
Inactive

txchaz HB User

Lady j and Renee,
My thoughts and prayers are with both of you and your famliies. Having gone through this process with both my mother and father boht of them lung cancer from smoking, your posts sound so familar. The hope the tears the unknown, the good news that you latch on. There is nothing anyone can say to ease the pain that you all are going through. When I think now of my parents, Dad has been gone 11 years, Mom has been gone 3 years, I don't see them anymore as sick and all the pain, I remember them as they were at one time healthy loving parents. We don't know the grand plan that God has for us, I intend to definately ask when I get a chance to talk to him, I hope you both are doing ok, I feel your pain. Hospice was a God sent both times.
I myself am worried I have had some symp that have shown up in all of your posts. I have been sick since memorial day. They found a spot on my lung, during a cat scan they found a leasion on my right kidney. I have a lump in the right side of my throat that I though was a lympth node but is about the size of a small egg yoke that is now pressing against my throat and causing trouble swollowing, it is hard and does not move when pushed on. I get choked and it causes me to vomit. I have felt like crap for over three months. I have been given the option to have the pulminary node on my lung removed and I think I am leaning towards that it is small 1 cm and they are not able to biopsy it . I know you all are very involved in your own situations but any advice from you two would be greatly appreciated. As I said having lost both my parents to lung cancer I am a bit spoked.

Prayer for you all
Chazzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited by txchaz; 09-03-2004 at 07:57 AM. Reason: add to post

Closed Thread