It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2004, 03:36 PM   #1

lynns HB User
Unhappy nodule in left lung

i usally post in a different post, but today i was given my new x-ray updates and they show i have a nodule in my left apex,and peribronichal thickening.
they wont to do a apical lordotic through my chest. i have enough going on in my body with no room for this. could anyone tell me wahat peribronical
thinkening and an apical lordoctic through the chest is? im scared and very worried of everything related to this

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2004, 03:51 PM   #2

lynns HB User
Re: nodule in left lung

nodular density is what one of the reports state. i also smoke but a pack a day.
i just have bad news one after another and im just not ready for any thing else.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2004, 07:25 AM   #3

SHAYSER HB User

Hi I Just Found Out I Had A Nodule In My Right Lung, And I Am So Scared , But They Say It Is Very Small 4 By 7mm The Only Thing I Don't Understand Is That They Don't Want To Do Another Ct Scan For 3 Months Why? Can Anyone Help

Old 09-15-2004, 07:47 AM   #4
Inactive

txchaz HB User

Shayser,

From what I understand is that they look at your risk factors, I have done some reserch on Nodules in the lung online. From what I read if you are at high risk they should do a biaopsy. Thats the hard part from website to website the factors they use for high risk changes. The one I am going with is if it is single node under 2cm, if your under 45 and a never smoked your at low risk, however if it is larger than 2cm, if your male, if your over 45, and if you smoked you are at high risk and steps should be taken to biaopsy the node. I qualify for most of the high risk catagory so I sched surgery they could not needle biaopsy it. They did another cat scan and it reveled that there are two additional nodes that have popped up, one 4cm in the upper right lobe and 2 others between 2-4 cm in the middle lobe of the right lung. I would press for a biaopsy, that way you can ease your mind, I could not phantom sweating out cat scans for the next two years. Good luck, if you do not like what they are telling you get another doctor.

Chazzzzzzzzz

Old 09-15-2004, 08:05 AM   #5

SHAYSER HB User

Thanks For The Advise Chazz, I Am Just So Scared Right Noe They Told Me It's Very Small It's 7 By 4 Mm, Does Anyone Even Know How Big This Is?

Old 09-26-2004, 09:19 PM   #6

ToBeGolden HB User
Arrow Re: nodule in left lung

My wife has a 7 mm nodule in her lower lung. Diagnosed by CT-Scan on July 30. Also recommended to wait for 3 months then re-Scan. Moved the repeat scan up from Nov 14th to Oct 4th. But actively seeking out alternative opinions. Original diagnosis at Virginia Maon. Now going to Univ Washington and Swedish Hospital.

There is a study at Swedish Hospital (Seattle) and at other locations in the USA that is looking into a blood test to differentiate between beneign and cancerous growths. The study title is "ACOSOG Z4031: Use of proteomic analysis of serum samples for detection of non-small cell lung cancer" Search on the numbers "ACOSOG Z4031" to find out more about it.

We haven't seen the principle investigator although we have made contact with his office. Don't know if he will see us, he's a thoracic surgeon and most institutions want us to be managed by a pulmonologist at this stage. Will need to let you know how things turn out in a couple of weeks.

Best of luck to all of us.

Old 09-28-2004, 10:14 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

MX62 HB User

Please try not to worry, I know it is hard. I know from experience. I was told that they found a nodule on my right lung on the upper lobe. I freaked out. I had been a smoker for 12 years. 1 pack a day. I was convinced that I had cancer. No matter what the surgeon said, he thought that it didn't look like Cancer. He watched it for 3 months. He did another Ct Scan just to be sure and found something wrong with my heart! I ended up having open heart surgery, and he took the thing out of my lung while doing the heart surgery. It ended up being a Fungus! So, my point is that it could be anything, try not to think the worst, it will just make you crazy. My nodule was 2cm x 1.5cm.

Old 10-01-2004, 09:12 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

MX62 HB User

Shayser,

I was concerned that it was going to grow out of control in a few months too, my heart and lung surgeon told me that it would NOT grow out of control.
I started to feel sick after finding out the thing on my lung, I had quit smoking prior to that too, I also think that a lot of the feeling sick is in our heads. Knowing something is on the lung makes you feeling every little ache and pain.
My surgeon told me that the nodule was so small that even if it was a cancerous tumor, I would still be fine because it is so small, he would just go in and remove it and I would need no chemo, or anything. I have a daughter that is 8 and I was so worried about her not having her mommy around anymore, I thought I was going to die. My advise to you is to stay positive and hard as it is. Also, if it comes back to be nothing, do not go back to smoking! I quit 5 months ago and this whole experience had scared the crap out of me and I never want to smoke again. Take care and good luck!!!!!

Old 10-01-2004, 09:53 AM   #9

SHAYSER HB User

Thank You So Much, I Think It Will Turn Out Alright, And You Are Right I Feel Every Ache And Pain, Today I Have Aches In My Arm, You Said You Quit Smoking , How Did You Feel When You Quit Were You Sick At All, Or Did You Instantly Feel Better. Thanks Again

Old 10-04-2004, 09:47 AM   #10
Inactive
(female)

MX62 HB User

I did not get sick after quiting smoking. I did start to feel a little better, But because I was so stressed out that I was causing myself to be sick. Now, it's been almost 5 months since I quit, I do feel a lot better. Let me know how it goes for you. Good luck!

Old 10-10-2004, 04:44 PM   #11

mousetrap351 HB User

I just found out from a chest xray, that i may possibly have a nodule on my mid right lung. i just turned 50,havent smoked in 25yrs,having no problems. radiologist recomended to my doctor that i have a ct scan of my lungs. just did that last friday. no results yet. Im finding myself very frightened sitting home this weekend,not knowing whats going on. Ive never experianced anything like this before.Could someone give me an explanation of what I could be facing? The possibilities,and the treatments,should it show to be a nodule. Im scared and need some answers. I will be talking with my family doctor tomorrow. thanx for your responces,mark

Closed Thread