HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Cancer: Lung (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/cancer-lung/)
-   -   renee how are things going? (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/cancer-lung/206181-renee-how-things-going.html)

Lady_J_1_01 09-09-2004 02:42 AM

renee how are things going?

was just finnaly able to check in, didnt see any recent posts from you. I hope your doing ok. Mattie

shammyl 09-11-2004 04:42 PM

Re: renee how are things going?

Renee,
Are you doing allright?
shammyl

renee_ky 09-11-2004 06:35 PM

Hello- Sorry for not replying, we have not been home. Scott has been in a local hospital and a local hospice inpatient facility for almost 3 weeks. Things are not so good here. Scott took a turn for the worse and his disease is progressing rapidly. As of Thursday, we are home from the hospice facility and I am caring for him at home. Hospice made arrangements with my insurance company to have all medicine delivered here to the house, and hospice taught me how to administer the medication. So far, it is working out pretty well. I am just SOOOO happy to have him home, I have promised for a long time that I will not allow him to die in a hospital, and I wanted to honor that promise. As of now, Scott is in the final stages of the dying process. He mostly sleeps, and rarely eats. Today, he is slept all day, only opened his eyes a couple of times, and it is not a drug induced sleep. I give him his pain medicine (methadone) regularly. But, I only give him atival and haldol if he gets extremely restless and needs it. I REALLY hate giving him medicine that I know will knock him out, it makes me feel cheated of more time, but I have to, for his sake. His kidney's have not failed completely, but not long to go. According to the hospice nurse, he has 2-3 days to live. But, I do not believe that. They have been saying 2-3 days for almost 3 weeks, I guess eventually they will be right, but I do not believe it is now.

Scott's Mother is staying with me. And, I have 2 young girls (23 and 24) who live with us. So, I do have some help. My focus is just keeping him comfortable. I do not allow visitors, other than his family. And, I keep music playing, it is very relaxing, the title is "moodescapes", it is a CD channel on our Satellite subscription. I try to lay with him as much as I can. But, in a hospital bed, it is not very often, usually just a little while during the day.

I will post more when I can. I hope everyone is doing well.

Renee

Lady_J_1_01 09-12-2004 01:43 AM

You are both in my thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry Renee. Gods love and peace. Mattie

texaswonder 09-12-2004 02:28 AM

Renee,
I am thinking of you and Scott, God be with both of you in this time
Robin :angel:

mephoto 09-13-2004 05:36 AM

Renee,

You and Scott are in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. Your post brought back a lot of memories for me. Please stay strong and you will make it through. God Bless.
K.

txchaz 09-13-2004 07:46 AM

Renee,

One of the last things that we could do for my mother at that point was to get her home. The last time I saw here smile was when we put her in her own bed for the last time. My and my familys prayers and thoughts are with you.

Chazzzzzzzzz

Tjr123 09-13-2004 08:02 PM

Renee... I am thinking of you and your Scott. Cherish the time you have with him. I can only imagine what you are going through as Isaw everything with my brother in law. Please continue to write here .. we are all here to help. You are in my thoughts...

DAA 09-14-2004 07:17 AM

Renee,
I dont know you at all but reading your post and a lot of post here helped me with the loss of my father, Its 4months since my dad passed. God bless the both of you at this time. I will pray for you both.

shammyl 09-14-2004 02:15 PM

Renee, you are always there to help and encourage others. You and Scott are in my thought.
shammyl

janice0815 09-14-2004 03:13 PM

May you both find peace and comfort in your faith and God's love. You are both in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless!