It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2004, 02:06 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

tummy2 HB User
Please Help Quickly!!!!! Advice

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice. My dad is being moved home under hospice care tonight. It was only 5 days ago we found that his cancer had spread to his lungs and he is having a hard time breathing. Is there anything that I or anyone else can do to make his breathing easier... They give him prednisone and the nebulizer to help... but Its not helping much. I just want him to be comfortable. Please if anyone has any suggestions, I need them. He is only 62....

Old 09-17-2004, 12:27 AM   #2
(female)

Lady_J_1_01 HB User
Re: Please Help Quickly!!!!! Advice

I am so sorry to hear of your crisis situation..I have no suggestion as to what to give him to help him breath easier but positional changes (propping) and support under his arms with pillows to keep his chest free of weight.....Calming the enviorment, with what ever sooths him. I would lean on your hospice nurses for answers and direction, they are versed on what connections to make to get orders, meds, oxygen, and also support for you in this time of dire need. I wish I had more to offer. I will be praying for you tummy2. Mattie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2004, 04:22 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

tummy2 HB User

Thank you for your reply.

My dad passed on Friday night. I am so sad, and am having a hard time dealing with it. Nothing can prepare you for this... I just hope he is somewhere nice.. I miss him deeply and remembering the funny things he did makes me laugh.

Old 09-20-2004, 06:25 AM   #4
Inactive

txchaz HB User

Tummy,

I am so sorry for your loss, I too have lost a parent to lung cancer and I know the pain. The only thing that will help is time. When I think back on my father I don't think of the illness and all the sickness and doctors. I see him sitting in his recliner watching T.V. and making us all laugh as you said. Pray, ask God to help you overcome this. It says he will never give us more than we can handle, unfortunately sometimes it doesn't seem that way.

You are in my prayers
Chazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old 09-20-2004, 11:41 PM   #5
(female)

Lady_J_1_01 HB User

I am sorry for your great loss...words cant begin to sooth your wounds..I will keep you in my prayers. Mattie

Closed Thread