It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2004, 06:02 AM   #1

renee_ky HB Userrenee_ky HB User
Husband "Scott" passed away

I just wanted you all to know that my husband passed away very peacefully, at home, Saturday morning. I will post more on this board later. Until then, I pray all of you will be blessed and touched by God in ways you never imagined possible.

Renee

Old 09-19-2004, 08:13 AM   #2
(female)

Lady_J_1_01 HB User
Re: Husband "Scott" passed away

Renee, I will be thinking and praying for you......I'm sorry............Mattie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2004, 03:10 PM   #3
(female)

ScarlettGA HB User

Renee - I have followed Scott's illness on the boards. I have had you and Scott in my prayers. I am so sorry to hear of his passing. Take Care...Scarlett

Old 09-19-2004, 05:52 PM   #4

Tjr123 HB User

Renee...I don't know what to say. I see my sister in law in pain and think of you and know you are feeling a similar pain. May you remember all the wonderful times together and hold on to those to comfort you at this difficult time. I wish there was a way that you and my sister in law could connect at this difficult time. We are all here for you

Old 09-19-2004, 08:15 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

nyxin HB Usernyxin HB Usernyxin HB User

i too have followed you and your husbands story. i am so very very sorry. your story is inspirational in the fact that we should all be so lucky to be with the ones we love, no matter what, for as long as we can. i hurt for your loss and am so sorry for your pain. take care of yourself.
C-Section Aug 1st 08 with baby BOY #3
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-19-2004, 08:39 PM   #6

sunshine1646 HB User

I am also sorry for your loss. The Lord will be with you during this time and he will take care of you. I'm glad that he passed away quietly. May God bless you and give you comfort in this difficult time.

Old 09-20-2004, 04:46 AM   #7

nikkala HB User

Renee,
I am so sorry for the loss of your husband. I too have been following Scotts illness and was so sorry to hear of his passing. You should be very proud of yourself for your handling of it all. May the angels watch over you.
Lisa

Old 09-20-2004, 04:47 AM   #8

janice0815 HB User

Renee I'm sorry to hear Scott has passed on. This must be so hard on you. May God be with you.

Old 09-20-2004, 06:17 AM   #9
Inactive

txchaz HB User

May God bring you peace, you are in my prayers.

Chazzzzzzzzzz

Old 09-20-2004, 08:03 AM   #10

DAA HB User

Renee,
I will pray for you and your family at this time of need. I will light a candle at church this week for Scott. He is now at peace. God bless and my thoughts are with you.

Deborah

Old 09-20-2004, 11:12 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

sawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB User

It's always hardest on the ones left behind. We know they are in a better place - that doesn't make it any easier because we miss them. I read a poem at my brother's funeral last month and would like to share it.

The Broken Chain
We little knew that morning that GOD was going to call your name. In life we Loved you dearly, in death we do the same. It broke our hearts to lose you, you did not go alone; for part of us went with you, the day GOD called you home. You left us peaceful memories, Your Love is still our guide; and though we cannot see you, you are always at our side. Our family chain is broken, and nothing seems the same; but as GOD calls us one by one, the chain will link again.

I believe this poem is anonymous.
God Bless.

Last edited by sawbuck44; 10-04-2004 at 11:03 AM.

Old 09-21-2004, 04:20 AM   #12

texaswonder HB User

Renee,
Words cannot express my thoughts I know you were his pillar of support through all of this. Please take care of yourself now

Thinking of you and your family
Robin

Old 09-21-2004, 04:26 AM   #13

renee_ky HB Userrenee_ky HB User

Thank you all very much for your warm words, thoughts and prayers. I am guesssing that today will be the hardest day of my life, for today is his funeral. Thanks for all of the prayers of support! I wish we could post obituaries, or links to them. I included a picture in the post I wrote in the onine guest book of our local paper, it is courier journal. The picture was from Scott's Birthday party, in July. It is a picture that REALLY shows everything about him. Scott was 45, he died on the 18th, it was in the paper on the 19th.

Thank you all again, I will write more later.

Renee

Old 09-21-2004, 06:32 AM   #14

mephoto HB User

Renee,

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. I did get to see Scott's obituary and photo in your local newspaper. It was easy to find with the info. you provided. He was so young, such a wonderful photograph. My heart aches for you, may God bless you during this difficult time.
Please take care of yourself,
K.

Old 09-21-2004, 11:13 AM   #15
Inactive

txchaz HB User

I too found the obituary from the discription. what a memorial from people who know him. I just wanted to mention there is now a grief and loss board. Just thought I would mention it.

Peace
Chazzzzzzzzzz

Closed Thread