It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2004, 04:38 AM   #1

texaswonder HB User
update on my mom

I am now with my mom I have been here about four days. She is on hospice care I found out the dr. sent her home with hospice. I think he can't do anymore for her. She is able to walk and do a small bit here now and we let her.
Her cancer has effected her memory and her days are short but she is not on pain meds right now just meds for anxiety. With her losing her husband two weeks ago and being in the hospital for the last 14 days she is now beginning to decompress her feelings and is doing a lot of crying.

The hospice nurse has said she is on the verge of massive depression so they started her on an anti depressent. She believes its only a matter of a month to two months

As always my thoughts and prayers are with everyone here.
Robin

Old 09-21-2004, 11:11 AM   #2
Inactive

txchaz HB User
Re: update on my mom

Texaswonder, I am so very sorry for your moms condition. Who thinks it will be a matter of 2 months Hospice? I know with my mom Hospice was a godsent they told us exactly what to expect and it went exactly like they said it would. All the signs they said that would show up near the end showed up. That information allowed me and my sister to hold her hand as she passed. Two months kinda seems like a vauge diagnosis, though I am not at all a medical person and know nothing but it seems veague to me. I hope she can find some peace if she is close to the end. I will add you and her to my prayer list. In God we can do all things.

Chazzzzzzzzzz

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread