It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2004, 09:01 PM   #1
(female)

jbabbit HB User
My Mom

July 1 of this year My mom wanted to go to ER on sat night because she just didn't feel good and was having a little trouble breathing...and also sinus drainage she said. My brother took her because I had just had cervical surgery. Her diagnosis was Advanced Lung cancer... They wanted to keep her and run tests to see how far it had spread but she refused. Over the next few weeks her breathing got worse....her cough that she had had for a while got worse and she constantly had to clear her throat...she kept saying it was drainage. She still refused to go to the dr and do anything. She didn't want to be told how long she had. A week before she died she would get choked on food or liquid. She steadlily got worse and a couple of days before she died she starting vomiting up bile and got very weak. She had a bad night and the circulation to her feet starting going. Her feet were cold to the touch and white. She kept wanting us to rub them. She was very hot also. She kept taking her clothes off and just laying with a sheet on her... This got worse and worse... On Sept 14 she told us it was time to call 911. Her breathing had become bad. She was in respiratory distress. She knew she was dying but at the end she wanted to go to the hospital. She didn't want machines or anything, I guess just the comfort of being there and being human it is normal to be scared at the end...She passed the next afternoon.

She lasted 9 weeks from the diagnosis. I am still in shock...it all happenned so fast.

I guess I just wanted to talk about it. I know some of you are going through similar situations and maybe this will help you with what is going on to know what other people went through.

I know from reading these boards that my Mom was close to dying from some of the symptoms she had at the end.

Thanks for listening...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2004, 02:23 PM   #2

cooperm4 HB User
Re: My Mom

It will be 2 years on Thrs since I lost my mom to lung cancer. She died 6 months after her diagnosis. I was 27 when it happened and I have two friends who share the same story. It stinks. She will miss so many things. She was a life long smoker and like everyone else figured cancer was at least a long way a way. I feel your pain and I wish you peace. I won't say that it gets easier just that you are able to cope better. I miss my mom everyday. Take care and talk abot it when you need to.

Old 10-25-2004, 04:36 PM   #3
(female)

Theresa341 HB User
Re: My Mom

Oh, I soooooooooooooooo know what your going through. I actually just posted because I am having a hard time dealing with my dad's death. My dad found out he had a mass in his chest on 10/3 and died on 10/15. It was all just too quick for me! I have a hard time believing it actually happened. I don't have any advice for you, but just wanted to let you know I know what your going through.

Closed Thread