It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2004, 01:37 PM   #16
Inactive

txchaz HB User
Re: After 6 months a answear maybe

I think thas right I am going to lay donw maybe I should have my wife comeon here and talk it might help her sometimes

Old 11-16-2004, 01:38 PM   #17

SHAYSER HB User

by the way shadowrose any luck moving the ct scan in?? I had mine done today, no results till thursday....... i am so scared...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2004, 10:59 PM   #18
(female)

Lady_J_1_01 HB User

chazzz, I managed to blow' two modems (unfixable)so I havent been in here.As known with this ca, it drains us not only physically and mentally but also financially... I am sorry to see you have been struggling.....I was trying to catch up to everyone here via 'any' computer I have access to use.
I hope your wife can come on and write, Im sure she to can use the support, and you the rest. Please do encourage her to log in sometime.
Clint has recently had pnemonia, he tires easliy and having a tuff time finding work that will tolerate his low endurance, Healing and recovery take time.
Im glad to hear the Dr's are proceeding to the steps to get you some releif, and answers.
For us those answers sometimes changed weekly, daily, dont 'sell out' to any one opinion on any certain day. They are human too. In the beginning Clint had a slim chance of living, and now he has been labled 'cured'.
I know your tired, but your worth the fight!! However you can "feed Your Will"
do it...dont give way to negative, defeating thoughts, Your a strong person Chaz!!
Know Im keeping you and yours in my prayers bud. Even when I cant get on line to let you know. Hold tight. God is with you. Rest and be good to yourself. The mind is a truly powerful thing....Believe.... Big Hugz Mattie.

Last edited by Lady_J_1_01; 11-16-2004 at 11:22 PM.

Old 11-17-2004, 06:30 AM   #19
Inactive

txchaz HB User

THis is Mrs Chaz, I just thought I would see what this was about, it warms my heart to see all the nice people and the nice things they are saying to Chaz. He is such a big heart to help people. He has slipped alot in the last few days, it alarmed the doctors and got them back to work. I am so mad that he could not get anyone to listen to him, I feel so guilty cause at one point I was wondering if he was really sick. I am just so mad, scared, sad I feel like I am watching him slip away. He sleeps alot the past day or so and has ate litterally nothing.

Old 11-17-2004, 06:47 AM   #20

SHAYSER HB User

Hi Mrs's chaz. you are in my prayers,, do they know anything yet? do they even know if it is cancer? chaz is strong and he always tells us how strong you are I have a feeling he will be fine you are in my prayers...

Old 11-17-2004, 07:50 AM   #21
Inactive

txchaz HB User

They are not sure, it shows up everywhere, lungs, brain, kidneys, throat, he is having hip pain they say that could be a result of a enlarged liver? I cannot understand why they wait unitl this point to do anything, now its just a blur of activity. I am just at a loss right now, I totally feel like I have lost control of my life.

Old 11-17-2004, 08:33 AM   #22

shadowrose40 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAYSER
by the way shadowrose any luck moving the ct scan in?? I had mine done today, no results till thursday....... i am so scared...

I haven't even tried, to be honest. I've got so many other health problems going on right now- severe abdominal pain, can't eat, yada yada, I just don't care what my lungs are doing at this point. I've been doubled over for a week.

Thanks for asking!

I'm sorry you're scared If there is nothing else to be learned from posters n these boards, it's that we are our own best advocates, stay on em till you get the answers you need! I'd give ya an email if it wasn't against the rules.

Old 11-17-2004, 08:39 AM   #23

shadowrose40 HB User

Aww hon

You both are in my prayers. It's a shame that our doctors don't listen to us. You have nothing to feel guilty for. The experts didn't think there was a problem, either.

It's just that we tend to know our bodies, and often just know when things aren't right.

All that said- try and think positive. He's had quite a bit of testing lately, it sounds like. And the meds that make you sleepy can also kill your appetite. Pain can too.

Ya all keep us posted, we do care! Getting the doctors to do their tests, and making them give you the answers goes a long way in helping you get control back. Should it be the dreaded "c", there are always treatment options, even when it might appear to look dismal.

Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by txchaz
They are not sure, it shows up everywhere, lungs, brain, kidneys, throat, he is having hip pain they say that could be a result of a enlarged liver? I cannot understand why they wait unitl this point to do anything, now its just a blur of activity. I am just at a loss right now, I totally feel like I have lost control of my life.

Old 11-17-2004, 08:53 AM   #24

SHAYSER HB User

I feel so bad, can I ask what type of test did they give on the brain ct scan or mri and what showed up, i have been talking with chaz the last couple of months I can't tell you how bad I feel, did'nt the dr's ever even run a blood test???

Old 11-17-2004, 08:59 AM   #25
Inactive

txchaz HB User

They are trying to come up with a game plan, it seems to be everywhere. He has talked before about the people on here and how great they are. I watched as his parents passed from this horriable disease and now I feel like I am in the middle of a nightmare. He is so easy going and compassionate. I never met a man that had so much compassion for people especially dogs, I have seen him stop on the side of a busy highway to save a dog. He was frustrated with the Doctors but would always assure me that they new what was best. Any ideas on how I can get him to eat, he is losing so much weight, before he got ill he only weighed 175 lbs to start with, he always worked out running and lifting weights, he doesn't even look like himself anymore. I figure that its been about 7 months since all this started, 7 months wasted I am afraid of. Thanks for "being their"

Old 11-17-2004, 09:09 AM   #26

shadowrose40 HB User

HI

As long as he's not nauseated, and the doctors haven't initiated any diet restrictions.... try the following.

Cook something that has a smell that he really likes. That is likely to start the 'hunger' signals up for him.

Give him 'feel good' foods, like shakes and the like (as long as they don't make him feel like he's choking) They are great for increasing weight, as they are pure calories.

If he'll drink it, get some ensure at the store, it comes in more than just vanilla now.

If he's having nausea, DEMAND that they give him something for it. Don't play nice at this point. They've strung him along for 6 months. Enough is enough.

If he's still feeling fuzzy today, please call and let the doctor know, as that could be a sign that something else is going on. Any meds he was on should have worn off by now, I'd think.

If he has a favorite desert, make it or buy it. Some people loose their appetite watching things being made, so it might be better to run to the store and bring it home- like for me, it's strawberry cheesecake.

High protein foods are good, too. Does he like steak? Is it too cold where you are to fire up the grill and make a nice steak?

He's come here and offered support to so many people Now, it's his (and YOUR) turn for the support. Post as often and as much as you like. There are a lot of people here that check the board numerous times a day and will always answer questions, and if they don't have the answers, will look them up for you.

Hugs and best wishes. Tell him shadowrose says HI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by txchaz
They are trying to come up with a game plan, it seems to be everywhere. He has talked before about the people on here and how great they are. I watched as his parents passed from this horriable disease and now I feel like I am in the middle of a nightmare. He is so easy going and compassionate. I never met a man that had so much compassion for people especially dogs, I have seen him stop on the side of a busy highway to save a dog. He was frustrated with the Doctors but would always assure me that they new what was best. Any ideas on how I can get him to eat, he is losing so much weight, before he got ill he only weighed 175 lbs to start with, he always worked out running and lifting weights, he doesn't even look like himself anymore. I figure that its been about 7 months since all this started, 7 months wasted I am afraid of. Thanks for "being their"

Old 11-17-2004, 09:50 AM   #27

SHAYSER HB User

hey i am here if you want to chat, I am still wondering how they spotted the one on his kidney months ago, and was'nt that a red flag that he had one on kidney and one on his lungs???? just very concerned and curious //

Old 11-17-2004, 10:00 AM   #28
Inactive

txchaz HB User

Thanks for your advice on the food shadow, I told him what you said and he said he hoped that he did not offend you about smoking (not sure what he ment) He seems more "withit" today but not himself, he seems to have a funny color to him, it might just be me. He also mentioned someone named "renee" not sure who she is either. I am afraid of harrassing the doctors they might put him off or something. I have seen such a difference in him in a matter of three or four days at this rate I am scared to even think about it.

Old 11-17-2004, 10:14 AM   #29

SHAYSER HB User

tell him we are happy to hear he is doing better, and now matter what it is i know he's strong enough to beat this...

Old 11-17-2004, 10:20 AM   #30
Inactive

txchaz HB User

He is asleep again I am worried over how much he sleeps? Should I let him sleep or should I try to keep him awake? He just seem so frail like he aged 30 years overnight I don't get it? It seems like every time I talk to a doctor it arrises 30 more questions. I am afraid he is just slipping away right before my eyes and I cannot do anything to stop it. STOP IT STOP please stop is all I can think of I want everything to go reverse hit the reverse button.

Closed Thread