It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2004, 09:53 AM   #1
Inactive

txchaz HB User
After 6 months a answear maybe

Finally got the results back from the MRI on my thoat, their is a mass, I go for a needle biopsy next week. They are now re-evauluating the lung nodules as poss mets from the neck or vice versa. Scary thing is I have been tellin them for 6 months feels like something in my throat and finally got them to do something, hope its not to late. Not exactly sure what lies ahead. They also are sched a brain scan. Scary stuff, any adivce or thoughts would be appreciated.

Chazzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old 11-05-2004, 10:10 AM   #2

Sbeth1966 HB User
Re: After 6 months a answear maybe

I'll be thinking about you Chaz and hope you get some good results from the brain scan. Not sure if you are having a pet, CT or MRI as the brain scan, but my husband has had all three and neither have caused him any discomfort. Just the fear of the unknown. Will say a prayer for you!
Beth

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2004, 04:19 PM   #3
(female)

delady HB User

Good luck and you are in my prayers. You've been a comfort to me a few times on here and I wish I had some advice for you. I know first hand how scary all this can be and to say stay calm and try not to worry is not going to cut it. I'm sorry that you've gotten this kind of news.
Please let us know how things go.

Brenda

Old 11-11-2004, 12:36 PM   #4

shadowrose40 HB User

HI

Wishing you the best possible outcome!

I think we tend to know our bodies better than people (docs) think we do!

Old 11-12-2004, 08:54 AM   #5
Inactive

txchaz HB User

Thanks for responding. I had the needle bioapsy done Thur it was painfull but not as bad as it sounds, the brain scan is Mon. I feel really deflated and down after being sick since before memorial day and all the other misdiagnosis canx surg and everthing else that has come along, it is really wearing on my faith. If I believe that everything happens for a reason, and I start questioning all this stuff then what is the reason I could not get anyone of the dr to listen to me, till they find what I have been telling them is their. I am sorry do not want to be doom gloom, I have posted to other people to keep up their faith and now I am doubting my own. Sorry its just I am worn out with this, it is taking my soul a chunk at a time.

Chazzzzzzzz

Old 11-16-2004, 06:54 AM   #6
Inactive

txchaz HB User

The brain scan is comp they are now sched me for a pet ? Not sure what the diff is or why they would schd it means something I their I guess.

Chazzzzzzz

Old 11-16-2004, 09:47 AM   #7
(female)

mwessell HB User

A PET scan is a tool that doctors use to diagnose and stage cancer. A radioactive glucose is injected intravenously. Then you wait for 30 minutes or more (depending on how how big you are). Then you are placed in the PET scan...very similar to a CT scan but alot quieter.

The idea here is that glucose will cling to a site where there is a lot of metabolic activity, such as a cancer. Because the glucose is radioactive, it will "light up" on your scan. Other sites in your body will light up in that there is already alot of metabolic activity going on (heart, bladder, kidneys). If an area such as a nodule on your lung lights up, this may mean there is a cancer. The test is not 100% accurate, about 97%, I believe I read somewhere.

It sounds like you are making progress with coming up with a diagnosis. I hope it turns out to be good news!

Old 11-16-2004, 10:51 AM   #8
Inactive

txchaz HB User

I don't konw I dont remeber exactly what they was going to do I seem to get confused lately ?

Old 11-16-2004, 11:35 AM   #9

SHAYSER HB User

HEY CHAZ , how are u holding up. I am praying for you , did they say how the ct scan of brain turned out? well remember you are in my prayers and i know you will be fine..

Old 11-16-2004, 12:01 PM   #10
Inactive

txchaz HB User

They are trying to get a pte test I think is what he cals it like wha mswell said they call one

Old 11-16-2004, 12:48 PM   #11

SHAYSER HB User

They never did one of the brain yet? I think it's standard because of your throat and your lungs, chaz can i ask you what it felt like your throat , did it just feel like a little something was in their or alot i'm not sure if mine is my nerves or if something is wronge...

Old 11-16-2004, 01:14 PM   #12
Inactive

txchaz HB User

I am sorry I am not makin much sence i am havin trouble wih my vison today and confussing. They did something to my head and the want a better idea of that. My throat had a werd feling like I had a popcorn shcuk in it. I think thye have found it but are trying to fig out the stafge. My wife taks to them I have been tired and sleeppin. So I will ask her what I am doing ok ?

Old 11-16-2004, 01:14 PM   #13

shadowrose40 HB User

Chaz you sound totally overwhelmed right now. Are you doing ok?

The pet does NOT necessarily mean that you have cancer. It is to see if you do. I forget who posted, but they were right. It uses glucose, as glucose is 'eaten up' by cancer cells, and shows brighter on the scanner. It's not painful, sort of like a CT machine. Non-malignant things can light up, too. The accuracy depends a lot on size, and they are used a lot for staging, once a diagnosis is made.

They can actually do one of the entire body and see what is going on all over with it.

Hugs and take care.

Old 11-16-2004, 01:24 PM   #14
Inactive

txchaz HB User

I thin that is what they wil do they given me sum pills and thy make me slepy. I fell ok my eyes are blurryu and stff like that but I feel ok i dont know whnen the test will be I thinnk my wife is mad at them and upste casus e she goes in the bedrooom atllt and don't coem out for some time. But I think I am oik

Old 11-16-2004, 01:32 PM   #15

SHAYSER HB User

hi shadowrose and txchaz, chaz you do sound so overwhelmed right now maybe you should rest , your eyes could be hurting from staring at computer screen so long, and shadow is right they don't know if it is cancer yet, theyhavent done any test.. i am praying for you and stay strong

Closed Thread