It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2005, 10:57 AM   #1
(female)

The_Rose HB User
Question lung cancer +very painfull legs?

hi everyone ...

My mother was diagnosed with lung cancer in october and refused any kind of treatment. Doctors said it was a good decision in her case since she has major heart problems. She's in complete denial which I think is a good thing since I was told she would be gone before Xmas and she is still around.

For the last 4 days she's been having severe pain in her leg. She never used pain killers but she has to take tylenol3 with codeine or she can't sleep .....

Can anyone tell me if this pain is associated to her lung cancer ?

did anyone's relative have this pain ?

God I'am in my 40's and working in mental health u would think I would b strong not at all .........this is so hard
I've accompanied people in death but not the same now it's my mom... god the only thing I wish is that she doesn't suffer too much

please someone if u can tell me about this pain in her leg
thanks and bless u all

Old 02-10-2005, 09:30 PM   #2
(female)

Lady_J_1_01 HB User
Re: lung cancer +very painfull legs?

I am so sorry to hear of your pain. I know what it is like to lose a mom...Im sorry Im not much help about the leg pain. But I wanted to tell you I will be praying for you and your mom. I hope you will have many more precious moments with her.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-11-2005, 10:13 AM   #3

Sbeth1966 HB User

I would recommend that your mother see her physician to alert him of this leg pain. It is possible that her lung cancer has spread and could be in her bones as well. If this is the case, she should be able to get some comfort from the pain with pain medications. I hope this helps.

Old 02-11-2005, 10:14 AM   #4
(female)

JenniferB123 HB User

I just came across this and thought I would put my 2 cents in. I knew a person with spinal cancer and they had leg pain. I would guess that it could happen with lung cancer if it spread to the spine and is pinching the sciatic nerve. But I don't know where her leg hurts or what kind of pain. This is only a guess, somthing to chew on i suppose. Maybe ask the doctor for some advice. I wish you luck, and my prayers are with you both.

Old 02-11-2005, 05:40 PM   #5
(female)

tmarie HB User

Oh I can so relate...I am 39 my dad is 60. He was diagnosed with lung cancer in Nov. The cancer spread to his hip (a tumor which cracked his hip bone) and has spread to his pelvic area and now his spine. He has to use a walker and his good days and his bad days. It is the legs which cause him the most pain. He went for radiation for the tumor on the hip and the spine and starts chemo on Monday. He has a very postive attitude. He was given 6 months to a year. The doc said last week that he was a fighter and is amazed at how good he is doing which boosted his spirits up even more! He still has his appetite...he eats like a horse!

It is possible the cancer has spread Is your mom willing to go for tests?

I feel for you because I know what you are going through...I lost my mom 5 years ago and now my dad is going through this....my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Old 02-17-2005, 03:39 PM   #6

shadowrose40 HB User

HI

As others have suggested, the cancer could have spread, but other things could be causing the pain.

Tylenol 3 is a very weak pain meds. People with terminal cancer deserve much stronger pain medications.

There are duragesic patches that offer 72 hours of pain relief without the problem of having to remember to take pills every few hours and chasing pain.

Old 02-20-2005, 04:36 PM   #7
(female)

SheilaH HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Rose
hi everyone ...

My mother was diagnosed with lung cancer in october and refused any kind of treatment. Doctors said it was a good decision in her case since she has major heart problems. She's in complete denial which I think is a good thing since I was told she would be gone before Xmas and she is still around.

For the last 4 days she's been having severe pain in her leg. She never used pain killers but she has to take tylenol3 with codeine or she can't sleep .....

Can anyone tell me if this pain is associated to her lung cancer ?

did anyone's relative have this pain ?

God I'am in my 40's and working in mental health u would think I would b strong not at all .........this is so hard
I've accompanied people in death but not the same now it's my mom... god the only thing I wish is that she doesn't suffer too much

please someone if u can tell me about this pain in her leg
thanks and bless u all
Hi,

I'm so sorry to hear about your mothers illness. My father had lung cancer, he passed away right before Chistmas 2004. He did have leg pain, but it was a blood clot, located in the bend of his right leg behind the knee, he was taking chemo at the time it appeared. It was treated with a blood thinner pill. Though it could be many things, I highly suggest she see her Doctor.

My prayers are with you both,
Sheila

Old 05-05-2005, 01:28 PM   #8
(female)

GODismypilot HB User

GOD be with you,my mom was recently diagnosed with lung cancer she has alot of leg pain,she had a full body scan today we beleive its in her bones she has so much pain we have meds for her pain but it seems to be getting worse,I lost my DAD to the same thing almost 5 yrs. ago.Sometimes I wonder where I get my strength from to be able to handle this I pray to GOD everyday that my mother would get better but she seems to be worse,Just cherish every moment you can with your mom,I will be praying for you both.May GOD wrap his loving arms around your mom and take away her pain and suffering.God be with you

Closed Thread