It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2001, 06:04 PM   #1

shortyinTH HB User
Unhappy The End

It is Sunday Feb 10th, it has been a very long week, starting Feb. 2 my dad took pneumonia and we debated rather it was that or his cancer had gotten worst. We called all the family and finally after phone calls to the doctor and a hospice nurse we decided to take my dad to the e/r. They were treating him for pneumonia in the right lung. Long weekend and we still had not got a conclusive answer from the doctors, except we were waiting for the tests to come back. Remember my dad had been fighting lung cancer for 14 months. We stayed pretty much around the clock, scared to leave. Mon. Feb 5, I decided to go home 5p.m. so I could work the next day, because he was doing better. We even had a hospice nurse come and evaluate him, so he could go home. Tuesday Feb. 5, I was going to the hospital before work and the nurse caught me at the elevator, my dad died 20 minutes before I got there. My sister out of state never made it home in time. In fact the hospice nurse had told us that dad would probably make it 4 more weeks. My sister was due to come home on the 10th to stay until the end, but she didn't make it. The only consulation I have is my dad is not suffering anymore. He was so confessed towards the end. We had a really nice funeral service for him. The only thing that really bothered me is we had asked the doctor for information of symptoms to look for close to the end and never received these, until the hospice came on Mon the 5th. If anyone has questions pertaining to this I suggestion to talk to the Hospice Organization the nurse was great! Thank each and everyone of you for listening in the time of sorrow.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2001, 01:33 PM   #2
Inactive

Lori HB User
I dont have answers to your questions but I just wanted to say Im so sorry to hear about your loss You hang in there and be strong.

Old 02-15-2001, 06:51 PM   #3
(female)

chesapeake girl HB User
Arrow

I AM SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS. I CAN'T IMAGINE HOW HARD THIS HAS BEEN FOR YOU. I AM JUST STARTING. MY MOTHER IN LAW IS NOW IN A HOSPITAL BED AT HOME. VERY WEEK, VERY FEBLE. HER LUNG CANCER IS NOW IN BOTH LUNGS. ONE LUNG HAS A 9 CENT. MASS AND THE OTHER HAS A 4 CENT. MASS. NOTHING REALLY THEY CAN DO, OR NOTHING THAT SHE WANTS THEM TO DO. HOSPICE STARTED THIS WEEK. THEY HAVE BEEN SUPER ABOUT GETTING EVERYTHING STARTED. SHE HAS BEEN CONFUSED A FEW TIMES IN THE LAST MONTH. CAN YOU TELL ME ANY REAL SIGNS THAT SHOW THAT IT IS COMING TO AN END? THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY LAST TIME CONCERNING THE DIFFERENT STAGES OF LUNG CANCER. MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU IN YOUR TIME OF LOSS.

Old 02-16-2001, 11:30 PM   #4

southpawmom HB User
I am sorry to hear your family member has cancer. I lost my father the day before thanksgiving to lung cancer. After the initial diagnosis he did chemo and radiation but we only got 6 wonderful months from it. I do want to say Hospice is the way to go. The nurses are so caring and full of information. When you receive their packets make sure to read it ALL. It has the signs to watch for descirbed. I saw almost every sign step by step. When they said he had 30+ days or more I knew better and that it would only be a matter of days. My heart goes out to you, because there is nothing like watching a loved one die before your eyes and you can do nothing to make it better. "A GREAT BIG HUG TO BOTH OF YOU" from a daughter that misses her father so very much.

Old 02-24-2001, 09:47 AM   #5
Marysunshine

I just wanted to send my sincerest sympathy on your loss. My husband was diagnosedd with small cell and non small cell lung cancer and is undergoing chemo and about to start radiation. It is very helpful to hear from all of you so I thank you for sharing.

Old 02-27-2001, 12:26 PM   #6

Smile4uhun HB User
Unhappy

My heart goes out to you and your family. This kind of post reminds me WHY I NEED TO STOP SMOKING...Hold on to your happiest thoughts of your Dad...better days are ahead....

------------------
Smiles, Trish

Closed Thread