It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2001, 01:42 PM   #1

rosilita1 HB User
Post babs225/prolonging remission

i shouldn' have just focused on the prolonging remission. i am sorry. the vaccine that you are talking about is the silva study. that in particular is doing very well,a good percentage of the original group of people in the study were alive after 4 years and not relapsed.the final results of that study will be in in 2002.very little side effects other than soreness of the injection site and mild fever. ( i saw a patient that was getting it) there is also another study not as further along at sloan kettering, i can't think of the name.for patients who are not limited diagnosis the best they can do is know what they want to do when they relapse. when it comes back it comes back fast. there is a promising trial for relapsed called zd0473. only relapsing patients can take this also. it is the same family of drugs cisplatin and carboplatin, but it is made to circumvent the resistance that the cancer gets to those drugs. the other advantage is it is much easier to tolerate. once again when i said that i was thinking of just a limited diagnosis. i just get so excited when i hear of someone in remssion from this terrible disease.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2001, 06:04 PM   #2
Inactive

babs225 HB User
Smile

rosilita1

Thanks for the information. You don't happen to know any way of getting the vaccine. (just thought I ask) It is amazing that there is no way to bring the vaccine to market sooner, especially with the dramatic results. Thanks for you concern. I appreciate any information and love to hear about new development. Thanks again. You may even here from me again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread