It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2001, 05:07 AM   #1
Inactive

Luvcarosel HB User
Unhappy Adenocarcinoma(lung Cancer)

My grandma had been living in a home where she was breathing in sut for 3 yrs from an oil heat that was burning rich. I moved her out of this house and had to throw away half her clothes because they were black from sut. The pulmo dr said the condition she had was like black lung. she was admitted into the hospital on April 19 and died may 5. I was really concerned because the Dr did an
xray and decided to do a fine needle aspiration and thats when they detected the cancer, however he said that he had suspected it back in Nov of last year. I was upset because she was in the hospital 2 previous times in jan and feb and he never out of all the xrays did he mention that she needed an MRI. The dr said based upon the catscans they did while she was in this last time, showed it had not spread to other parts of her body it was contained to the right lung and that she could survive. I really wonder if it was contained to the right lung why she died after the Dr said she could survive. Her lungs could not produce enough oxygen for her body even tho she was on oxygen. He said that an autopsy still would be hard to prove where the cancer came from. I think he was just afraid it was further progressed than he detected. Anyone out there who can help me understand this? Iam in process of getting all her reports and xrays and MRI's done in the past to see if they may have missed something. I know it will not bring my grandma back however if they missed something maybe they will be more careful next time to someone else's loved one. She had been under constant care for the past 3 yrs.She was 78
prior to going into that home three yrs ago she could walk up to 2 miles and had NO breathing problems at all. After being in that house she went down hill from there and was even diagnosed with the emphazema.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread